Grain Terminal Production Supervisor
Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Responsible for managing and supervising crews and teams that receive, dry, store and distribute grains.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and directs the activities of facility associates that receive, dry, store and distribute grain.
- Provides a safe working environment in accordance with federal, state and local regulations along with agribusiness requirements.
- Ensures service and equity of grades is provided to both internal and external customers.
- Ensures the condition of grain is maintained and/or improved while in storage.
- Coordinates with grain merchandising ensuring positive customer relationships and effective planning to provide for timely and efficient cost movement of grain.
- Ensures routine and preventative maintenance is performed on all receiving and storage equipment in order to maximize availability and longevity.
- Identifies opportunities, synergies and improvements to increase facility operating effectiveness and reduce operating costs including the development of capital plans and execution of individual projects according to plans .
- Provides job specific training, safety and environmental training to ensure associates understand and are fully engaged in the production, safety and environmental processes that are required to meet operational and customer requirements.
Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Logistics, Business or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of grain experience.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of grain receiving and storage technologies.
- Understanding of commodity markets.
- Basic knowledge of software applications
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and OSHA regulations. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Able to move freely throughout the agribusiness facilities including climbing vertical heights (0 -150'), carrying tools and equipment (0-50 lbs.), exposure temperatures (0-100) degrees Fahrenheit, humidity (0-100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemicals (MSDS sheets available). Must be able to wear protective equipment to include self-contained breathing apparatus. Required to travel to remote agribusiness facilities and customer locations.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. #PAB