Math Teachers for 2023 - 2024 School Year
Hillsborough County Public Schools
Date: 1 week ago
City: Tampa, FL
Contract type: Full time
- Designs and implements appropriate instruction of content area(s)/course(s) assigned in accordance with state standards, district curriculum, and students’ needs.
- Creates a positive educational climate for students to learn in an atmosphere of respect and rapport.
- Creates and delivers relevant and rigorous lessons that maximize student engagement and achievement.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching practices and methodologies that reflect diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds in order to meet the individual needs of students.
- Observes and evaluates student performance and mastery of standards, monitors student assessment data, and maintains student grades and attendance.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by utilizing effective classroom management strategies and invoking appropriate disciplinary procedures.
Hillsborough County Public Schools is looking for applicants wanting to teach Math
The Secondary Teacher (grades 6-12) is responsible for the instruction of designated content area(s)/course(s) in a classroom setting within a secondary school
Duties of a Math Teacher:
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
Education: A bachelor's degree is
required. Degree or formal training in content area preferred. Please upload OFFICIAL transcripts to your application
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Florida Professional Educator Certificate in content area preferred. Eligibility for Florida Temporary Certificate is a requirement
Steps to Become a Teacher: https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/list/personnel-services/routes-to-become-a-teacher/?utm_source=header&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=TeachInTampa
Taking the Subject Area Test to Become a Teacher: http://www.fl.nesinc.com/index.asp
Click the red APPLY button to apply for Math positions
For more information on becoming a teacher for Hillsborough County Public Schools, please contact the Office of Teacher Recruitment at (813) 840-7167