Finance/Accounting Professional – Captives
The WTW Captive and Insurance Management Services team supports our clients in a financial and advisory capacity with specific focus on strategic insights, collaboration and financial reporting and analysis. We are currently looking for a Finance/Accounting Professional reporting to our Vermont captive office.
THIS POSITION WILL BE REMOTE OR HYBRID FOR LOCATIONS POSTED.
Note: visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The WTW Captive and Insurance Management Services team provides expertise in designing, forming, managing and providing strategic guidance to captives of all types in over 35 major captive domiciles. WTW is engaged with more than 700 captives worldwide, approximately 450 of which are under management. There are three principal aspects to our services for captives: Captive Consulting, Captive Management, and Actuarial Services.
This position would be responsibilities for both staff and project management. Your oversight and review of work product would be needed for the following tasks:
- Coordination of cash disbursements
- Preparation of financial statements including collection of supporting documents
- Collection of corporate compliance documents
- Preparation of annual board of directors meeting materials
- Discussions with the client regarding the financial statements
- Supplying information to the captive’s auditor and actuary
- Preparation of annual regulatory filings to include a domicile annual report and premium tax return
As a Finance/Accounting Professional – Captives, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Effective communicator, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Organized and able to multi-task with ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed
- Effectively manage projects and team members
- Highly developed teamwork skills with the ability to develop good working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to research, discuss and implement revised or new accounting guidelines or regulatory requirements
In addition to managing the financial reporting of our captive insurance clients, you will also:
- Develop strong relationships with clients, regulators, captive directors and key service providers;
- Work as part of a dynamic and innovative client service team;
- Be exposed to an extensive portfolio of global clients where you will develop deep knowledge and expertise in captive insurance, alternative risk, and risk analytics.
This role offers a competitive salary and eligibility for a year-end bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related area or CPA qualification
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Client relationship skills
- Project Management and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EOE, including disability/vets