Well-being Student Assistant
University Systems of Georgia
The University System of Georgia Well-being department would like to invite a student to learn about building successful cultures of well-being in an assistantship. This position would work directly under the System Benefits Wellness Program Manager.
This position would have primary responsibility with the coordination of Well-being programs to include:
- Designing and facilitating innovative, evidence-based programs
- Assisting with program administration
- Conducting primary research to inform of programs and initiatives
- Developing and implementing evaluation tools
The University System of Georgia Well-being department welcomes any prospective candidates that match the aforementioned qualifications. The department will engage each candidate within two weeks of a submission to indicate next steps in the candidate appraisal process.
Assist System Benefits Wellness Program Manager with the coordination of Well-being program initiatives, program design and implementation, program evaluation, marketing, website updates, promoting programs and assisting the Well-being point of contacts at each institution. May also participate in planning, developing, and implementing well-being coordinator workshops.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be a full or part time student at an University System of Georgia institution.
- Over G.P.A. of 3.00 or higher
- Coursework in health promotion, exercise science, kinesiology, public health, recreation or other related disciplines.
- Experience with program facilitation, public speaking
- Experience in survey design
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- The optimal candidate will have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; and strong communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health behavior change theories and principles
- Data analysis skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Ability to present information in an engaging, professional, and effective manner