Automotive Service Manager
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) is part of Bridgestone Americas and employs over 22,000 teammates in North America. BSRO operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus and Wheel Works locations. With locations across North America and more than $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career.
Whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name, you are a valued teammate, and part of our larger mission to “Serve Society with Superior Quality.” We start by offering each teammate more than just competitive pay. We provide formal training, performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, competitive healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build towards your future.
We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole self to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you’re made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need.
Combining your in-depth automotive repair knowledge with your exceptional people skills, you'll manage customer relationships and frequently serve as a liaison between technicians and customers. You'll also select, coach, lead, train and supervise vehicle technicians while assisting with the purchase of parts, materials and equipment
- Assign and schedule work duties to auto service staff according to individual skill level
- Serving all automotive service needs of customers
- Oversee the hiring and training of an effective auto service team
- Ensuring high teammate retention
- Maintain compliance with quality standards
- Developing customer satisfaction and retention
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of auto service technical experience
- 1 year of service manager or service writer experience
- Problem solving – customer complaints
- Aptitude to manage inventory, scheduling, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Capacity to lead and coach others
- Teammate and customer/communication skills
- Ability to recruit and select technicians and general service teammates successfully according to store requirements
- Willingness to continue education and remain current in automotive repair issues
- Must have completed all the current and required BSRO store education courses & modules required for this position.
- Must have valid automotive driver’s license at all times in order to test drive customer’s vehicles
- 2-year degree or equivalent
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.