United Infrastructure Group, Inc.
United Infrastructure Group continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization.
Primary Function of a Surveyor: Responsible for precise measurements to determine property boundaries. Provide data relevant to the shape and contour of ground surfaces for civil engineering and heavy construction.
Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Generous Performance Bonuses
- Robust Subsistence Allowances
- Comprehensive Health Plans with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Strong 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with 100% Matching Contributions
- Significant Paid Time Off
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training, Education, Certification, and Qualification Assistance
- Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide surveying service which includes construction survey and layout on bridges, highways, foundations, and other related heavy civil projects.
- Assists with survey computations and data collection including construction layout calculations, grade sheet computation, topographical/volume analysis and project datum conversion/transformation.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their accuracy.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Survey bodies of water to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience with analytical or scientific software, AutoCAD
- Trimble & Topcon, Total Station Robotic Survey Equipment, and GPS machine control support.
- Heavy civil construction experience.
- Ability to supervise and manage a site crew.
- Ability to build TIN / BIM maps
- Must observe safety procedures and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Knowledge of record keeping systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years surveyor experience; Bachelor s degree preferred with 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Pass a pre-employment and random Drug Tests.
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US.
Additional Requirements for Surveyors:
- Must have own transportation to and from job-site every work day.
- Must provide own tools, if applicable.
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).
- Must be able to physically and repetitively lift and carry at least 50 pounds on a routine basis.
Please contact us at https://uig.net/contact-us/ or call 704-642-9689.
UIG IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
UIG does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.