MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, is a community-based, behavioral health care organization offering a continuum of services including adult behavioral health, substance abuse counseling, children’s behavioral health, autism services, and early childhood services.
This opening is following guidance set forth in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule – The Company will require full COVID 19 vaccination before starting employment in this role. The company has other roles not subject to the rule.
The Program Director provides clinical leadership, consultation and support to clinical behavioral health service lines. The Director will be responsible for the overall business functions while working as a change agent for the company. These functions include responsibility for developing, interpreting and recommending program goals and objectives, policies and procedures, and collaboration with teams within and outside the respective service lines.
- Oversee designated clinic; includes administrative office coordinators; collaborate with nurses and Medical Director, as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff: interviewing, training, evaluations and corrective actions.
- Review all referrals for therapy and assigns them to appropriate therapists.
- Oversee Clinic Supervisors (if applicable) and monitors the caseload of all therapists.
- Supervise clinical staff, both in an administrative and clinical capacity.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical staff meet and maintain service delivery and productivity goals.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of clinic programs and services, including in-service education and program evaluation.
- Participate in research, surveys, audits, license reviews and budgeting.
- Collaborate with Quality Improvement Team on achieving quality assurance benchmarks.
- Provide on-call duties for emergency consultation/intervention to clients and therapists on a rotating basis after hours.
- Outreach and collaborate with community stakeholders to increase access to clinic services.
- Attend Management meetings.
- Provide individual, group, family, and couples counseling as required; ability to participate in merit-based Manager Clinical Incentive Program and see clients for up to 5 hours per week between the hours of 9am - 5pm and be paid at a billable rate.
Must be Independently licensed within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (i.e. LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, LADC1).
- Must have at least five years of full-time post-Master's experience with 2 years of supervisory experience.
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office applications and electronic medical record systems.
Why Join Us?
- Compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have a rewarding work environment with awesome co-workers – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets