Analyst I, Service Desk
Universal Orlando Resort
JOB SUMMARY: Provides full first and second level 24/7 support over the phone and email for all Universal Orlando team members, as well as 3rd party vendors and remote users. Includes troubleshooting, escalating, and resolving problems, generating and monitoring trouble tickets (via the incident management system), and serves as the single point of contact for all technology related issues. Provides advanced troubleshooting for various Parks Technology devices, user permissions, network, and software application issues. Performs daily scheduled AS400 procedures following documented processes to comply with audit controls.
- Provides customer service as the primary interface between Parks Technology and the business. Logs, assigns, prioritizes, and follows up on trouble tickets and requests using the incident management software.
- Troubleshoots advanced technical problems via phone and email concerning network, PC hardware and software including industry standard applications and UO custom applications, cell phone, phone, Point of Sale systems for foods, merchandise and ticketing utilizing prior work experience, knowledge and training.
- Performs user account management tasks including, but not limited to, creating new user accounts, modifying existing accounts, and providing user’s access to corporate security and email groups.
- Communicates and coordinates ticket escalations, updates and outages. Communicates ticket descriptions, updates, ETA’s, resolution explanations and outage notifications with the business.
- Resolves user permission issues on multiple systems including, but not limited to, iSeries, JDA, Windows, VPN and industry standard applications. Resolve issues including application errors, Outlook issues, Point of Sale problems. Assist users that experience printing issues and escalate when necessary.
- Perform daily and weekly scheduled procedures for AS400 operations including, but not limited to, tape management, daily financial processing and reporting for foods, merchandise and ticketing as well as iSeries maintenance and monitoring.
- Create and submit Knowledge Base articles for review that will be used to provide quicker customer support in future interactions. These articles may be technical and non-technical in nature.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Coordinating all Service Desk functions to ensure resolution and routing of tasks are being properly handled. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information such as financial, personal data and future projects.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or Technical school degree in technical field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in technical field is preferred.
- 3+ years previous Service Desk experience with PC hardware, software, Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office is required.
- 3+ years of experience in a theme park technical support role.
- 2+ years of experience with AS400/iSeries is preferred.
- Experience in an IT Support role. Service Desk experience is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting networked computer systems, Windows 7 and above operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Office 2010 and above.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale systems, VPN and AS400/ISeries is required.
- Experience and knowledge of computer and computer related hardware devices. Including desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and point of sale devices.
- Experience and knowledge using an industry standard Information Technology Service Management(ITSM) tool for logging issues and requests.
- Basic understanding of the ITIL framework or service management processes.
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong customer/team interaction skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Pleasant phone voice and demeanor
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced office environment and manage time between competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations as well as problems that are undocumented and fairly complex as technology evolves and new systems implemented.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CompTIA A+ and/or Net+ or comparable certifications required. ITIL certification is preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with 3rd party vendors, remote users and communicates with customers including, at times, top level executives. Solid written and verbal skills are a must.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE