Lead Financial Analyst, ESG and Technical Accounting
Johnson & Johnson
The Johnson & Johnson Global Technical Accounting Advisory Services & Policy group is recruiting for a Lead Financial Analyst, ESG and Technical Accounting position to represent the finance organization in ESG reporting, while also assisting with technical accounting policies and consultations. This role is based in the World Headquarters office (New Brunswick, NJ) and will report to the Sr. Finance Director of GTAAS.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
This position will be part of the Corporate Controllership team that creates financial policies for Johnson and Johnson and provides ad hoc accounting support across the global finance organization. In this role, you will be engaged in the following:
- Participating in special projects related to items such as acquisitions and divestitures and implementation of new accounting standards, including updating finance policies for changes in accounting standards
- Staying apprised of standard setting activities by the FASB and changes in regulatory requirements (e.g., SEC, ISSB, and other ESG reporting requirements) and evaluating the resulting impacts to Johnson & Johnson
- Collaborating with other functions (e.g., Sustainability, Legal, Human Resources) to develop processes and controls to support future ESG reporting
- Presenting in quarterly trainings to the broad finance organization
- Assisting with the quarterly communication to the global finance organization regarding policy updates and reminders
- Interacting with individuals at peer companies in benchmarking exercises, conferences, and networking events
- Consulting with the business on ad hoc accounting issues or policy questions that arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience is required
- CPA and / or Public Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with designing and testing internal controls is preferred
- Must be proficient in U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting is required
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build strong relationships with business partners is required
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and requires an onsite presence 3 days a week with 2 days’ work from home. This role may require up to 10% of travel.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who has strong analytical and communication skills, is proficient in U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting and can apply it in practical situations, has the ability to multi-task, and has a passion for ESG in an effort to navigate finance’s role in the changing ESG landscape.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.