Client Manager, Employee Benefits Small Business
World Insurance Associates
Join our Growing Employee Benefits Practice!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
World Insurance Associates, Inc. is seeking an experienced Small Business Client Services professional to join our growing team. This individual will have a proven track record of delivering a winning service experience to help small businesses offer affordable and effective employee benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
This individual will work independently and/or collaboratively with producers to manage the day-to-day service on an assigned book of clients to deliver exceptional client service in the following areas:
- Manage client service on assigned book of clients, including onboarding new clients, and obtaining and maintaining current benefit plan summaries/documents, amendments, etc.
- Contribute to benefit plan coverage gap analysis, design, and cost savings strategies.
- Participate in developing renewal strategy and coordinating policy marketing based on client needs, benefit plan coverage gap analysis and cost savings opportunities
- Coordinate policy marketing and participate in vendor procurement and negotiation, analyzing carrier options and summarizing and making recommendations to secure client decisions.
- Prepare for and facilitate client deliverables and materials (email, web-meetings and/or in person) as appropriate to achieve defined scope of services.
- Provide and coordinate open enrollment support and carrier implementations, including preparing benefits summary, coordinating vendor materials, and verifying policy information. Selectively participate in and/or conduct open enrollment meetings via web or in person.
- Build strong client relationships through efficient and proactive day to day client service, assisting with claims, billing, eligibility, enrollment, and coverage and compliance issues.
- Update agency management system and customer files in the document management system according to workflows and assuring accuracy for compliance.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute ideas to enhance workflows, leverage technology, assure quality service, streamline work and achieve operational targets.
- Minimum 3+ years of small group employee benefits experience within the brokerage industry
- Strong knowledge of EB small group product lines and mulit-state product market offerings as well as federal/state legislative and compliance requirements.
- Strong service orientation and understanding of client service in small business, with the ability to advise clients independently and confidently on renewal recommendations and benefit solutions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully balancing multiple priorities efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build rapport, influence and collaborate with others and build strong relationships
- Proficient in Excel, PPT skills and EB BenAdmin systems; BenefitPoint experience a plus.
- High attention to detail with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience in insurance
- Life/Health insurance license or the ability to obtain immediately required.