Sensory Panelist (Part Time - Caldwell, ID)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role evaluates the characteristics of foods objectively using all their senses: smell, taste, touch, sight and sound. It requires evaluations of products aligned with specific training guidelines in a simple, concise manner, including but not limited to French fries, vegetable blends, grain blends, and/or avocados. This position is part time.
- Evaluate products by tasting in a booth or as a group, entering scores into a computer or paper ballot.
- Discuss product attributes respectfully within a group setting.
- Work in an environment with little or no knowledge of the products being tested.
- Adhere to training standards to maintain repeatability, agreement and outlier percentages above 85%.
- Participate in skill assessments including blinds, articulation, spice identification and acuity to maintain accuracy above 85%.
- Be trained in specific methodology to describe and rate sensory attributes, including appearance, aromas, flavors and textures in food products.
- Contributes to a positive work environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Responsible for adhering to specific sensory guidelines (i.e., no perfumes, scented lotions, smoking)
- Cannot have food allergies or color blindness
- No dietary restrictions or medication which would limit the ability to participate in evaluations or compromise taste ability
- Must be flexible and available to work on an as-needed basis (no set schedule)
- Ability to follow directions, work well in a group and communicate opinions effectively.
- Work in an environment with little or no knowledge of the products being tested
- Sensory acuity: ability to describe and differentiate between the senses
- Comfortable using a computer and/or tablet
- Ability to work independently and within a group
- Good communicator
- Maintain good punctuality and attendance
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8AM to Noon (4 hours)
- Schedule subject to change at any time – hours per week not guaranteed.
Job Requisition ID: 11438
Travel Required: None
Location(s): Tech Center R&D - Caldwell
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected]