Operational Risk Professional
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely
Reporting to Operational Risk Review and Challenge – Practices team director, responsible for supporting the second line of defense Operational Risk Management (“ORM”) review and challenge program.
Develop and / or update Operational Risk Review and Challenge Program Documentation, Tools and Reporting Ensure the results of all work performed (including deliverables related to Scorecard, RCSA, SME, Findings Reporting, etc.) is documented in accordance with pre-defined standards and is ready for key stakeholder review upon request. Support the Review and Challenge function with scheduling and documenting action items related to business oversight meetings. Support and maintain the Review and Challenge SharePoint site Embrace organizational (and departmental) change by proposing and executing creative solutions to enhance identified barriers. Propose Continuous Improvement opportunities in the further development of the business aligned Operational Risk Review and Challenge Process. Develop accurate understanding of the Business Lines risk profile and trend based on review of relevant information and understanding of the business, process, risk and the control environment and provide oversight and meaningful challenges; Work with the second line of defense (e.g. ORM programs, Compliance, Fraud, Sales Practice, Information Risk Management, Business Continuity, and Third Party) in coordinating and executing on the above requirements Prepare quarterly/periodic reporting of the Business Line ORM program execution that provide a clear and concise view of the Business Lines ORM program execution status and any issues/key items that may require management’s attention Analyze data to identify and escalate any operational risks and produce ad-hoc reports and information to a range of stakeholders. Support the team lead/Program on Audit and or Regulatory exam preparation and review to address inquiries and submit the requested documentation/information adequately and timely. Contribute to any other projects or risk related activities as requested.
- Interactions / Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong oral / written communication skills. Comfortable presenting the results of review and challenge to the Business Lines management and provide independent challenges when different view exists
- Good interpersonal skills to build and manage relationships with Business Lines as well as various second line of defense groups
- Strong work commitment and works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Attention to detail
Business and Technical Knowledge
- Broad view of the financial services industry
- Broad knowledge in ORM Programs including (but not limited to): RCSA, Loss data, Scenario Analysis, KRM/KRI and Issue Management
- Understanding of banking regulatory agency expectation/requirements on operational risk management
- Strong ability to analyze data and trends and prepare meaningful reports
- 2+ experience in operational risk management, internal audit, management consulting or related field, including 2 years' work related to risk management.
- Broad knowledge of operational risk management, regulatory requirements and industry practices
- Proven capability to initiate, execute, drive change and create results
- Strong expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field. MBA preferred. A risk-based designation such as the CRMA (Certification in Risk Management Assurance), CRBA (Certified Risk Based Auditor), or other certified risk professional designation is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.