Fiber Optic Technician Apprentice
On Target Utility Services
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast.
This position will have travel required extensively in and out-of-state. You will also be working outside in various weather conditions. Overtime will be required.
Starting pay for this position is $17-$23/hr. DOE.
Your Responsibilities as a Fiber Optic Technician Apprentice:
- Learn relevant utility knowledge including utility design, construction, and maintenance including equipment/tools, safety requirements, and standard operating procedures.
- Under supervision become proficient in testing, splicing, and maintenance of fiber optic and/or telecommunication lines
- Learn to read, interpret, and work from sketches and diagrams to perform your duties
- Work from an aerial lift and/or climb utility poles to safely perform your duties
- Work inside and outside in all weather condition
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day.
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required; CDL desirable but not required
- Be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions including standing, walking, and working on uneven ground for the full workday
- Must have the ability to understand relevant utility design, construction, and maintenance including relevant equipment/tools, safety requirements, and standard operating procedures and to perform duties as required by this knowledge.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Examiner’s Card (DOT Card)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer