Associate Director, Real World Market Access Analytics (RWVE)
Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Real World Market Access Analytics (RWVE) to be located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Director, Real World Market Access Analytics (RWVE) will design and deliver rigorous real-world data analytics that address business questions. The Associate Director will be an integral part of the RW Market Access Analytics group and will closely work with Real World Value and Evidence, Medical Affairs, Strategic Customer Group, IT, Marketing and other functions to perform scientifically rigorous real world data analytics. This person will design, lead and execute analytic plans using claims data and/or electronic medical records and ensure high-level technical scientific and methodological expertise. The successful candidate will apply computational methods for predictive analytics and modelling on large patient-level longitudinal datasets and establish and maintain statistical/database programming standards of excellence for RW data analytics that are intended for novel insight generation, and communication. The position will be responsible for learning, evaluating, and validating models, especially economic and predictive models, based on information available in administrative claims, electronic health records, and other data sources. This person will also perform urgent analyses that are needed with short turnaround time.
Additional responsibilities of the Associate Director include:
- Advising on appropriate statistical and programming approaches to answering key research questions that are identified by therapeutic area research experts.
- Conducting and/or supervising statistical analysis and database programming for RW data analytics that are intended for internal reporting and communication
- Developing economic and statistical models including, but not limited to, budget impact and cost effectiveness models, regression modeling techniques, mixed models, survival analysis, propensity score matching/modeling and non-parametric methods
- Performing health economics and outcomes, and comparative effectiveness analyses
- Interacting and advising/consulting with external collaborative partners on joint projects
- Assessing outsourcing opportunities for external analysis.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree is required, in a relevant discipline such as biostatistics, mathematics, economics, public health, health administration or operations research. A doctorate degree, PhD, is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience or 4 years’ experience with a doctorate degree, of relevant prior work experience is required.
- Academic training and industry or payer experience in statistics, health economics, and outcomes research is required.
- Proficiency in statistical programming (e.g. Python, SAS, R) is required.
- Experience designing and conducting health economics and outcomes analytic required.
- Experience with analytics, coding and management of administrative claims datasets, electronic health/medical records and/or clinical registry data required.
- Deep understanding of claims database and Electronic Health Records (EHR) is required
- Experience developing and using economic and statistical models such as budget impact and cost effectiveness models, regression modeling techniques, mixed models, survival analysis, propensity score matching/modeling and non-parametric methods is required.
- Scientific lead and project management experience is required
- Self-motivation, self-initiation, and ability to meet deadlines are required
- Ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in different therapeutic areas are required
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, NDC, GPI SNOMED, MedDRA, LOINC, CPT) is required.
- Experience with data visualization techniques such as with Tableau and Spotfire preferred.
- Experience with novel techniques such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, predictive modelling is preferred.
- May require up to 10% travel.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is MIN. $131,0000 to MID. $192,000.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.