Food & Beverage Manager OEM
Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assuring attentive friendly courteous and efficient service in all F&B Outlets Room Service Lounge and Banquets Responsibilities:
At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality's standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the function of each department.
- Ensure training of all Food and Beverage/Banquet personnel using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards.
- Maintain follow-through of all guest requests problems complaints and/or accidents which occur in the Restaurant Room Service Lounge or Banquets.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all F&B personnel according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Review F&B staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to company standards.
- Prepare and conduct all F&B interviews and follow hiring procedures according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present the schedule with the Wage Progress Report to the G.M. weekly.
- Ensure that wage progress and productivity reports are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies and house rules.
- Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
- Ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
- Focus the F&B Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Ensure compliance to company training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards.
- Maintain company S.O.P.'s regarding purchase orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Develop initiate and promote sales including up selling programs for use by all service personnel.
- Ensure Aimbridge Hospitality's service standards are maintained throughout the Food and Beverage/Banquet Department.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate all necessary F&B-related reports according to company standards.
- Complete all Food and Beverage forecasting and budgeting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that F&B employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests all other employees and managers.
- Ensure that the quarterly operating equipment inventory is done pars are evaluated and quarterly purchases are planned.
- Maintain all Aimbridge Hospitality's S.O.P.'s concerning credit policies.
- React to negative trends in market place by implementing food and beverage blitzes and promotions.
- Organize and conduct monthly department meetings with restaurant and lounge staff and weekly F&B meeting according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards.
- Attend daily BEO meeting.
- Conduct beverage purchasing as needed.
- Purchase Food & Beverage operating equipment as needed.
- Conduct monthly beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food products are according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standard.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Oversee the operations of the Banquet department.
- Use the hotel's P.O.S. system to print reports. Analyze reports generated.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Complete monthly meu analysis and submit to the Corporate Office.
- Monitor and follow up on all Food and Beverage cash overages and shortages.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports and tracking logs.
- Complete all required correspondence in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees. Provide a motivating influence and seek input regarding food and beverage issues from employees. Ensure a high level of positive communication exists between the Food & Beverage and Food Production staffs.
- Perform P.O.S. changes in menus or additions/deletions of servers as necessary.
- Handle items for â€œLost and Foundâ€_ according to the standards.
- Maintain required pars of all stock.
- Review food sales for accuracy daily.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Perched atop the cliffs of Dana Point overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa features 2 year-round heated swimming pools that offer child-friendly zones. This resort features a restaurant and full-service spa, as well as an indoor/outdoor lounge. Beach and harbor access is just 1,500 feet away.
Each contemporary guest room at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort provides a flat-screen TV and a Bluetooh compatible Tivoli radio. Guest rooms include a coffee machine and plush robes. Ocean view rooms are available.Company Overview:
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan