Data Driven Marketers
No expectation Fridays
Flexible & family-friendly
Education-focused with a $500/yr Professional Development fund
Other great remote-work life perks
We’re hiring! About the position:
We’re thrilled to introduce the first-of-its-kind role: SEO Manager at Data Driven Marketers. As one of the first leaders in our implementation team, you will significantly impact our overall marketing process, marketable service offerings, and industry-specific SEO strategy. This position is best suited for a seasoned SEO strategist who wants to grow into a director-level position within SEO.
Our SEO Manager role, through the eyes of our all-female leadership team, is unique. We’re searching for an individual who lives and breathes Google and all things search but has an intrinsic motivation and passion for doing right by clients. At Data Driven Marketers, we strive to provide all team members with a safe, proactive, and supportive experience that allows you to flex your skills, live a balanced and healthy work life, and work in an ethical and productive environment.
While your day-to-day will mostly involve SEO strategy development and management, SEO performance tracking and day-to-day prioritization of activities, and technical SEO fulfillment (for the first 12–24 months), your responsibilities with task scoping, sales scoping, and agency-wide strategy will start to grow in month six.
When you join our team as our SEO Manager, you can feel confident that your voice, your ideas, and your thoughts will be heard. We know that success comes from collaboration and shared ideas.
- Salary: $62,000–$68,000/year
- DDM’s target hire date: January 3, 2023
- Candidates outside of Arizona must be willing and ready to relocate
- This role is remote with in-person opportunities to meet with clients, travel to and tour client facilities, and collaborate with local team members
Benefits & perks
- Mostly remote with access to our Dana Park office and hundreds of coworking spaces across the US (Deskpass)
- Flexible work schedule (We’re not 9–5!)
- No expectation Fridays. Focus on life or heads-down work on Fridays. There are no expectations to meet or communicate with our team.
- Paid holidays and company-wide vacations
- President’s Day – Third Monday in February
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – First Monday in September
- Veteran’s Day – November 11
- Thanksgiving Weekend – Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Winter break – December 22, 2022–January 2, 2023
- Company-wide winter break
- 6 paid business days for Christmas/Winter celebrations
- 2 paid business days for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Summer break – July 18–July 31, 2022
- 10 paid business days for a company-wide summer break
- In the future, all-expenses paid company vacation! ️
- United Healthcare health, dental, and vision benefits
- One year of free access to One Medical
- One year of free Talkspace therapy
- Digital marketing training + $500/yr in approved professional development and learning allocation
- Job training and business development training
About Data Driven Marketers
Hi, I’m Katheryn. I began building Data Driven Marketers nine years ago (first known as “Hit the Ground Running (HTGR) Marketing” and “Mighty Web”) and have seen our growth and culture—what our team represents—valiantly sprout since 2019. Our agency is excited to provide a unique opportunity for an SEO expert looking to grow in management and bring their expertise to the forefront of our agency.
Where Data Driven Marketers started & where we’re at now: Burn-out, depression and anxiety related to workplace management and culture, and sexism between coworkers and clients became a shared and consistent issue in my day-to-day life, and with nearly everyone I connected with regularly. Growing DDM was necessary to find, strengthen, and integrate positive mental health into my work life and to provide an alternative model and option for budding marketing professionals. As I’ve continued to expand my education and grow from trusted advice, I’ve gained confidence and have committed to the ongoing management of agency operations to continue facilitating DDM’s growth.
We need your help: In my journey from SEO specialist to marketing director and agency owner, entrepreneurship and business risk were two areas of marketing I only admired and expressed in spirit. Taking the plunge to go full-time with Data-Driven Marketers in 2021 wasn’t something that crossed my mind until just years before, and it came from a need:
the marketing industry must change. Your journey is unique, but you may share similar crossroads and have defined yourself as a leader in SEO who wants to stay connected to overall business operations and people management. We need your help with managing day-to-day SEO operations, defining strategy across our clients, and fulfilling technical SEO tasks as we grow the team. You will be the first leader in an SEO management position at DDM
Role & responsibilities
- Regularly measure, optimize, and create new SEO strategies for all clients
- Build, manage, and own SEO analysis dashboards and auditing tools; work with DDM’s data department to improve data collection, visualization, and interpretation
- Monitor SEO performance and growth across all accounts, report successes and challenges to the team, and work with department leads and all marketing implementation team members to pivot based on market and competitor trends
- Step in as the SEO expert on client calls; occasionally lead clients through data reports and overall marketing successes and challenges
- Regularly conduct website analyses and audits across all client accounts
- Be the technical SEO expert on the team; be the primary technical SEO fulfillment specialist for 12–24 months
- Website architecture
- URL structure
- SEO implementation in common CMS
- Schema markup
- Audience research, empathy mapping, and short-form SEO copy creation
- Keyword research
- Link building strategies
- Mobile SEO
- Voice SEO
- Local SEO
- Content strategy
- Holistic marketing strategy
- Independently lead interactive brainstorming sessions to find new, innovative, and creative ways to improve our SEO approach
- Lead brainstorming sessions and L&D initiatives to educate the team
- Be a leading voice in DDM’s industry strategies, and implement a structure that supports the team’s vision and process to accomplish marketing goals
- Occasionally develop short-form and long-form web content and ad copy
- Foster close relationships with key clients and DDM’s leadership team
- Contribute to the recruitment and interview process for future SEO team members
- Consult on sales SOWs and project mapping, and regularly help optimize time management across the team
- Contribute to package and service development with leadership
- Communicate and collaborate with internal team members through Slack, email, and video conferencing
- 1+ years of agency management experience or team lead experience
- 2+ years of agency experience (creative agency, advertising agency, or marketing agency)
- 4+ years of proven SEO experience shown through long-term client reporting
- Expertise in all aspects of technical SEO and strategy development based on data
- Proven knowledge of holistic marketing strategy
- Expertise in Google Analytics (GA4 and/or Universal Analytics), Google Search Console, and SEMrush
- Experience working in ClickUp or project management systems similar to ClickUp (Asana, monday.com, etc.)
- Experience working in Google Workspace
It would be great (but not necessary), if you
- Have experience in most of the software and tools listed below:
- Box, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Have experience or expertise in the following industries:
- Health, wellness, lifestyle, and beauty
- Health, medical care, and insurance
- Small business marketing, home service marketing, HVAC marketing
Data Driven Marketers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Data Driven Marketers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Data Driven Marketers may be the right fit if:
- You’re done with the bulls%&t and want to start working with a team that respects and values you.
- You have ideas to share and a passion for helping team members solve problems.
- You’re comfortable with and excited about balancing multiple projects.
- You have the ability to prioritize and change priorities quickly based on needs.
- You’re confident and friendly, a great colleague our team would enjoy working with.
- You’re confident in researching, testing, and deploying data-driven project coordination training and best practices.
- You enjoy collaborating with others.
- You’re detail-oriented.
- You’re able to see the big picture and how small projects relate to that big picture.
- You’re confident in overseeing all parts of a project.
- You’re able to anticipate project needs as projects begin or are being rolled out.
More about us
Data Driven Marketers is a women-led marketing company that provides the tools businesses need to grow and increase their online presence. We’ve worked with agencies, creatives, and small businesses since our founding in 2013. We’ve changed the way agencies work with outsourced professionals, too—providing in-depth resources, tools, and training to enhance their customer’s experience and make marketing work. We’ve put some of the best minds together to solve problems in modern-day agencies and collectively have improved the way blended agencies operate.
Our mission is to educate, optimize, and empower sprouting agencies & businesses.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be working with a team of seasoned marketing professionals. From search engine marketing to search engine optimization and content development, we apply our skills to make marketing work for each of our clients. Most of our team members (some employed, some contracted), have worked for a small business, agency, and in-house marketing team at some point in their career—or all three! While our history in the space is vast, we’re not slowing down or pausing other ventures that interest us.
Your clients are either marketing directors or managers or small business owners. Most of our clients are well educated in why they need to invest in marketing but need help navigating specifics.
Everyone on the team is data-driven and results-focused
Our mission is to educate, optimize, and empower sprouting agencies and marketers who share the same mission and drive as our team. The digital marketing scene is competitive—that’s why we’ve modeled our business to work with and directly support agencies and teams rather than fighting for business.
Pillars of Data-Driven Marketers & our core values
Accountability is all about ownership and clarity. Ownership begins with accepting the responsibility of a project, product, or task, from reception to outcome (and everything that may fall in between). Clarity is making sure that you have a crystal-clear understanding of what success looks like.
Enthusiasm is eager enjoyment and interest in the work we do—it makes the impossible become possible. Enthusiasm is one of Data Driven Marketers’ most important assets, after all, we love what we do! Enthusiasm is a choice you make, pure and simple. It is an infectious state of mind which gains cooperation from other people.
Data-driven thinking & measurement
It’s in our name, we are data-driven. Data-driven decision-making is vital as it enables us to observe data to come up with predictive insights. It provides the ability to research and know what is working well (and what is not) for our business and our customers. A data-driven decision-making approach leads to improved transparency, accountability, and consistency for everyone in the DDM organization. and builds loyalty, engagement, and responsibility in our employees.
We believe transparency is the basis for trust between an agency, customers, partners, and employees. DDM’s most valuable currency is the relationships we build, it is the fuel that powers DDM’s culture of trust, that’s in transparency. Being transparent means being honest and open when communicating with stakeholders about matters related to the business.
People over profit, always.
Taking lessons from the book People over Profit by Dale Partridge, this final DDM value is certainly not the least important value. DDM chooses people over profit as a value because it is about recognizing the cause and effect; when a company values its people, the company becomes more profitable.