Our client took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch.
Today, the client is the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, our client serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
The unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping maintain the momentum and flourish in the future. The business challenges are unique, and the client needs as many different voices as possible to join forces in solving them - voices like yours.
So no matter where you're from, whom you love, or what you believe in, our client welcomes you to be your true self.
Our client is looking for a Risk Officer for its San Francisco, New York, or Chicago office. This is a customer-facing role, and the main focus will be protecting and educating merchants and internal stakeholders regarding fraud and chargebacks. This role will act as the client's subject matter expert on chargebacks and fraud mitigation
What you'll do
- Monitor fraud and chargeback levels for the North American portfolio and provide proactive notifications to the wider Risk Team, merchants, and partners.
- Communicate guidance related to risk and chargebacks to merchants and internal teams.
- Understand card scheme rules/regulations and internal procedures that affect risk, fraud, and dispute processing.
- Support merchants leveraging our RevenueProtect solution to optimize authorization rates while maintaining low fraud levels.
- Generate reports and insights regarding chargebacks and fraud.
- Analyse payment data to discover anomalies and trends for fraud and chargeback prevention.
- Work with the product and development teams to generate platform enhancements to assist fraud prevention and mitigation.
- Partner with commercial teams to demonstrate our risk solution to clients.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a payments risk or chargeback role.
- You have a solid knowledge of fraud, chargeback, and scheme rules.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- You have a high level of self-motivation, always looking for ways to improve and make our processes more efficient.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience.
- Bonus points if you have experience creating impactful dashboards using BI tools and SQL or Python.
Studies show that women and members of under-represented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, we encourage you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
PaymentGenes, founded in 2014, is a global recruitment and consultancy agency in the payments industry. Our mission is to change the perception of recruitment and how it is fundamentally done through our consultative approach. Alongside permanent and interim recruitment services, PaymentGenes offers consultancy and marketing services. We are young and driven payments professionals, allowing us to truly understand payment companies' business model and product offerings. And thus provide them with industry knowledge and carefully selected human capital. Our personal and collaborative approach has helped us build sustainable relationships throughout the payments value chain and expand our services globally. Having worked with and for FinTech/Payments companies for many years, we have established a vast personal network of payment professionals.