Strategic Communications and Engagement Specialist (Bilingual)
VPD Government Solutions
VPD Government Solutions is a rapidly growing, employee-centric professional services company providing Strategic Communications & Stakeholder Engagement, Acquisition and Grants Management, PMO, IT PMO, and Data Analysis & Governance support to our federal clients. Our employees proudly serve as trusted advisors and innovative problem solvers for our clients. We are seeking a Strategic Communications and Engagement Specialist (Bilingual) to join our diverse and talented team.
The Strategic Communications and Engagement Specialist will provide a full range of communication activities supporting our client’s stakeholder engagement strategy to actively engage external partners at the U.S. Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families’ (ACF) on their highest priorities and to keep ACF leadership well-informed of the feedback and updates on high-level initiatives. The candidate will help ensure effective management of ACF priorities in regions, states, territories, and tribal areas across the U.S., and will use innovative tools and mechanisms to contribute to long-term planning and messaging. This entails informing and gathering feedback from stakeholders to address agency priorities, goals, initiatives, and actions.
- Provide communication, outreach, and stakeholder identification, and engagement support.
- Prepare a variety of written materials to help drive engagement and outreach with various ACF stakeholders across the U.S., to include fact sheets, press releases, informational content, and other resources.
- Social Media: Provide full social media platform oversight, to include management of content, calendar, themes, resources, etc.
- Graphics: Develop social media graphics, website infographics, etc. that reflect campaign theme/messaging.
- Blogs: Provide draft(s) and proposed dates for feature in ACF blog.
- Media: Responsible for public affairs and media outreach activities, to include development of a media plan (television, radio, print, and digital).
- Conduct strategic, effective, and user-centric communication campaigns.
- Responsible for materials development, content preparation, website content development, graphics design and production for print, audiovisual, digital, and electronic media; video and audio production.
- Assist in building ACF’s engagement profile. Engage in cross-programmatic opportunities to connect initiatives and messaging across the organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Must have excellent writing skills and writing samples
- Must have three to five years of stakeholder planning, events, and engagement with diverse communities
- Multilingual (English and Spanish speaking)
- Graphics experience
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- U.S. citizenship required
Why work for VPD?
- VPD is proud to be a certified Great Place to Work in 2022! See more about what our employees think! Working at VPD Government Solutions | Great Place to Work
- Robust employee benefits package beginning on 1st of the month following hire date including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) with 5% employer matching- immediate vesting!
- Profit sharing
- Flexible time off program including 3 weeks of paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for professional development
- Employee-centric work culture including company sponsored events, happy hours, and team-building opportunities, frequent communications/information sharing from Leadership, supportive and positive teamwork environment, “open door” policy, etc.
Work Location: Hybrid - Office 1 or 2 days in Washington, DC – ACF OEA
VPD is Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- VPD Uses E-Verify - Right to Work Poster
- VPD Uses E-Verify - Participation Notice
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
- EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
- EEO is the Law - Federal Contractors/Subcontractors
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision