Auto Glass Repair Service Specialist
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Safelite
Does this position interest you? You should apply – even if you don’t match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
The Repair Specialist, which we hire year-round and seasonally, performs vehicle glass repairs whenever a glass replacement is not required. Our paid, formal training program teaches everything needed to complete these specialized repairs, regardless of any prior mechanical experience
What You’ll Get
- Competitive weekly base pay starting at $22/hour.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid volunteer days.
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful.
- View all our health, wealth and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com.
What You’ll Do
- Learn to repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite Way of Fitting under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Repair chips, cracks and other auto glass related issues on customer vehicles.
- Manage work orders, customer documentation and customer communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Clean customer vehicle during wait/idle time during the repair process as well as perform additional housekeeping tasks in company vehicle and shop.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent required.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license required.
- On-the-job training/completion of Safelite SafeTech certification.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse workforce and suppliers, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on benefit elections during enrollment.