SY 23-24 Health & Physical Education Teacher
Lynchburg City Schools
Date: 1 week ago
City: Lynchburg, VA
Contract type: Full time
Health & Physical Education Teacher
Title: Health & Physical Education Teacher
Salary Grade: Teacher Pay Schedule
FLSA Status: Exempt
Site/Location: Lynchburg City Schools
Reports to: Building Administrator
- To develop and implement a health/physical educational program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each child.
- Demonstrates long range planning and knowledge of the student area.
- Completes daily written lesson plans which fulfill learning objectives consistent with LCS' curricula and SOLs.
- Plans for individual student differences.
- Works to achieve division/school/department objectives.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methods
- Communicates objective(s) and purpose(s) of lesson.
- Utilizes various forms of technology to assist in the delivery of instruction.
- Provides opportunities for student responses and gives appropriate feedback to students.
- Utilizes effective motivational strategies.
- Paces instruction to provide opportunities for student success.
- Delivers curriculum and instruction in accordance with school division guidelines.
- Sets, communicates, and maintains high standards for responsible student behavior.
- Plans for and make effective use of time, materials, and resources.
- Organizes students for effective instruction.
- Demonstrates respect, consideration, and courtesy.
- Cooperates with other teachers to exchange ideas.
- Accepts and/or offers constructive suggestions in a professional manner.
- Maintains a learning environment that contributes to a positive school climate.
- Provides opportunities for success for all students.
- Maintains accurate records measuring student achievement.
- Presents data/artifacts demonstrating student growth.
- Analyzes test scores to establish and revise academic goals to provide instruction at the appropriate level.
- Adheres to board and school policies.
- Maintains professionalism during stressful situations.
- Communicates with parents, students, staff, and the community in a professional manner.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Accepts and fulfills additional responsibilities.
LYNCHBURG CITY SCHOOLS COMPETENCIES
- Equity Minded
- Emotional Intelligence
- Cultural Competence
- Models Excellent Customer Service
- Thinks Strategically
- Shows Initiative
- Acts Decisively
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
- Resolves Conflict Proactively
- Technical Capabilities
- Computer Literacy
- Data Analysis and Management
- Fiscal Planning and Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must possess a Virginia teacher license with a health and physical education endorsement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess strong teaching, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills; must take responsibility and be independent in accomplishing all instructional and administrative objectives; and, must possess the ability to work in a flexible school environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand; sit; walk; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, type, or feel; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
LCS is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Please refer to LCS Employee Pay Scales found here: https://www.lcsedu.net/departments/personnel/employee-pay-scales