Delivery Driver(04675) - 371 Smallwood Dr.
Delivery Expert (Driver) Position Description
Department: Store Operations
Job Title: Delivery Expert
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
Regional Operations Manager – secondary report
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Our Delivery Expert Team Members know their stuff and know how to have a good time. Each store has its own personality, and we reward outstanding, safe and fast deliveries. You'll love the buzz of friendly competition. Delivery Experts are on the road but get to mix it up in-store, chipping in and having fun with the rest of the Team.
Many Team Members began their careers as Delivery Experts and today are successful Domino's franchise owners. From drivers to management, General Manager to Manager Corporate Operations or Franchisee, our stores offer a world of opportunity. There is no place for average at Domino’s; go somewhere else to be average.
Delivery Expert - Driver responsibilities:
- Delivering pizza, sides and other menus items to our customers
- Project a positive image to the customer
- Drive safely and courteously, obeying all traffic laws
- Know the store’s delivery area
- Ability to read area map(s)
- Taking orders over phone and in person
- Greeting customers within 10 seconds
- Building relationships with customers
- Effective cash handling, cash drops and reconciliation
- Accurate tip reporting
- Contributing to make line and orders: making pizzas, preparing dough and preparing/re-stocking toppings
- Assisting with keeping the store clean and stocked
- Delivering leaflets and door hangers as required
If you've got your eye on developing a rewarding Domino's career, or you're just looking to earn some extra dollars in your spare time – there's something for everyone in-store.
Perks of the job:
From the first slice of pizza to the last customer you serve, we know how important it is to provide the best training and support. Our people are the reason we're successful today, and why we'll continue to be successful in the future. So it makes sense for us to help you become your very best.
Domino's Delivery Experts enjoy:
- Hourly rates, + tips and mileage reimbursement
- Flexible hours and greater variety
- Smaller teams, make friends easier
- Fast career progression
- Training opportunities & rewards
Minimum requirements and expectations:
A job with us means you get to be yourself, work hard, have fun, and learn heaps of new skills along the way. How far you go is up to you. What you will need:
- An EXCEPTIONAL and POSITIVE attitude
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and provide proof of liability insurance
- Must have clean, unrestricted driving record
- Must have clean, reliable and safe vehicle
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly
- Must be able to make correct monetary change
- Verbal, writing, and telephone skills to take and process orders
- Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed
- Ability to use Domino’s specific equipment issued (car toppers, hot bags, jackets) – display, return and properly store at the end of each scheduled shift
- Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen
- Ability to comprehend written instructions
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers and Team Members to process orders both over the phone and in person
- Talking and hearing on telephone
- Near and mid-range vision for most in-store tasks
- Mid-range and distant vision for delivery tasks
- Ability to differentiate between hot and cold surfaces
- Ability to stand, walk and drive throughout the course of scheduled work, for long periods of time: Most tasks are performed from a standing position.
Work conditions and requirements may include:
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather outside, on the road, as deliveries are made
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks. In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas
- Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside
- Fumes from food odors
- Exposure to cornmeal dust.
- Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler
- Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher
- Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts
- Bulk product deliveries are made twice a week or more and are unloaded by the Team Member using a hand truck.
- Deliveries may include cases of ingredients and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds with dimensions of up to 3' x 1.5'.
- Cases are usually lifted from floor and stacked onto shelves up to 72" high.
- Large cans, weighing 3 pounds, 7 ounces, are carried from the workstation to storage shelves
- Occasionally, pizza sauce weighing 30 pounds is carried from the storage room to the front of the store
- Trays of pizza dough are carried three at a time over short distances, and weigh approximately 12 pounds per tray
- Team Members must infrequently navigate stairs or climb a ladder to change prices on signs, wash walls and perform basic maintenance.
- To move trays which are placed on dollies. A stack of trays on a dolly is approximately 24" - 30" and requires a force of up to 7.5 pounds to push.
- Duration of this position is approximately 30 - 45 seconds at one time, repeated continuously during the day.
- Forward bending is also present at the front counter and when stocking ingredients. Performed occasionally to stock shelves and to clean low areas.
- Reaching is performed continuously; up, down and forward.
- Eye-hand coordination is essential. Use of hands is continuous during the day.
Hammerhead Pizza LLC TA Domino’s Pizza is an Equal Opportunity Employer.