Word Processing Operator
Cox, Castle & Nicholson
We currently have a great opportunity for a Word Processing Operator for our Los Angeles office. The Word Processing Operator will be responsible for preparing documents and correspondence from verbal or written instructions, dictation, shorthand notes, rough drafts or other materials. This role requires knowledge of legal terminology and document formats such as leases, briefs, pleadings, complaints, motions, contracts, and agreements. This position requires the ability to work effectively within a team structure, possess great communication skills, and have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice.
- Self-starter: You anticipate what is needed, take initiative and make things happen.
- Systematic: You prioritize. You put first things first and are methodical in executing an ever-changing to-do list.
- Professional: You focus on the client and excel at following through.
- Organized: You pay attention to the details.
- Adaptable: You are able to work independently and part of a team.
- Curious: You invigorate others with your smarts, curiosity and sensitivity to context.
What You'll Do
- Performs a wide variety of typing assignments including cleaning, reformatting and detailing documents to Firm's standards
- Proofread and correct material for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax and content
- Take help desk calls from staff and attorneys
- Prepare contact and distribution lists, prepares labels and envelopes for large distribution and mailings
- Transcription of legal dictation and timesheets
- Send documents out via messenger, FedEx or overnight courier
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of legal word processing experience
- Familiarity with dictaphones and other transcribing equipment and software
- Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Typing speed of 70 WPM
- Shift: 9 am to 5 pm
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Salary to be based upon experience and education; targeting between $70-80K
- We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision as well as 401(k) and generous vacation time.
Cox, Castle & Nicholson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.