General Surgery Residency Faculty Position in Kingwood, Texas
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood
Date: 1 week ago
City: Houston, TX
Contract type: Full time
The general surgery program at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is seeking core faculty for our resident community-based program. This is an employment opportunity for an academic general surgeon to join a team-based emergency general surgery service line with the opportunity to also build a robust elective surgery practice
- Board certification in general surgery
- 2-3 years (ideally 5 years) of experience with direct patient care and teaching.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active and clear Texas medical license
- Fellowship training is optional
- Title will be commensurate with experience and be provided by our medical school affiliate, University of Houston College of Medicine.
- Opportunity to build your skills, impart your knowledge, and have opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, etc.)
- Paid malpractice
- Vacation/sick time
- CME/dues/subscription allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Flexible schedule with a full scope of practice (including direct patient care, precepting residents, non-clinical administrative time, and opportunities for mentorship, scholarly activity, promotion, and leadership).
About the Opportunity & HCA Houston Kingwood:
- HCA Healthcare Kingwood is a 456 bed acute care hospital, and a in pursuit of Level II trauma center.
- The HCA Healthcare Kingwood general surgery program is a fully accredited 5 year, 4 resident/year general surgery program.
- The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Participate in a team-based emergency general surgery rotation
- Run a weekly clinic with the opportunity to build an elective surgery practice
- Participate in student and resident mentorship and teaching along with clinical scholarly activity.
- Leadership opportunities include GME leadership positions and clinical leadership positions
The desirable suburb of Kingwood sits just 23 miles away from Houston, the nation's fourth-largest city. The most diverse city in America has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, theater and museum districts, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are all less than an hour away. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area's public and private schools and availability of institutions of higher learning. Texas is a tort-reform state with no state income tax, making it an exceptional place to live and work.