Workday Financials Director
PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Workday Financials Certification
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics
Workday Engagement Management/Project Management (EM/PM) certification, CPA
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with a proven record of success directing efforts in managing and assisting large companies with improving the performance of their finance organization, including:
- Improving the delivery of finance services;
- Implementing finance technologies;
- Aligning finance strategy with business strategies; and,
- Streamlining and standardizing finance policies, practices, and processes, transforming the finance organization to be more effective in supporting the business.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and a proven record of success directing efforts in multiple Workday Financials implementations including:
- Acting as the project manager or lead;
- Contributing to the development of a business vision; and,
- Managing complex implementation efforts with proven project management capabilities.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and a proven record of success directing efforts in advising global organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting, including:
- Improving processes, demonstrating Financial Services industry knowledge and knowledge of applications of at least one of the following focus areas: shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, talent management, and business intelligence and performance management software tools;
- Understanding the implications of integration with core financial services systems like core banking, insurance claims/policy/admin, etc.;
- Developing strategies, as well as leveraging PC applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, as well as Google Suite) to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including development and delivery of business proposals, conferences and whitepapers; and,
- Identifying, obtaining, and processing of critical data (e.g. benchmarks) challenging the status quo through innovative thought leadership in the application of standard industry practice solutions for high performing finance functions, including internal and external reporting, people and organization structures, performance management, budgeting and forecasting capabilities, cash flow optimization and the use of capital, and maintaining and building cost-effective controls.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and a proven record of success directing efforts in identifying and addressing client needs, including:
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections;
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and,
- Building and managing new and existing client relationships, resulting in net new and add-on sales.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff by providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorydirector
For positions in New York City, visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-a-advisorydirector