Oncology Nurse Educator
Our talented, highly, clinically experienced oncology nurse educators keep patients at the center by supporting allied health care professionals with education and resources important for patient management.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. Come join an inclusive AbbVie oncology culture that fosters trust in each other, growth in ourselves and our organization, and joy in what we do! Abbvie Oncology offers you immense opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your goals. Hear directly from our AbbVie Oncology colleagues to learn more about our culture, growth opportunities, and what makes AbbVie Oncology a great place to work! https://www.abbvie.com/usoncologycareers
The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) will be responsible for proactively engaging with allied healthcare professionals to provide product and disease education, in support of before, during and after patient management on approved therapies. The ONE will focus on providing ongoing education and resources related to patient management, dosing and administration, and side effect management. The ONE will collaborate with other field teams within ways of working guidelines to ensure education support for allied healthcare clinicians.
The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) interacts with allied healthcare clinicians in key targeted accounts and provide clinical in-services and education. The ONE identifies educational needs and expands disease state awareness, initiating and managing patients on a therapy, understanding of symptom management and appropriate patient identification through these educational interactions within a defined geographical region.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Primarily conducts in-person engagements with the healthcare community within the territory, with virtual interactions when requested or required.
- This individual works collaboratively as a cross functional partner with other regional field colleagues.
- Evaluate customers educational needs.
- Provide relevant disease state education to Allied Health Care Clinicians.
- Educate Allied Health Care Clinicians on appropriate patient identification and role of Venclexta in the treatment of CLL.
- Identify key Allied Health Care Clinicians in targeted accounts.
- Provide support for local Patient Advocacy groups and meetings.
- Attend and support relevant conferences and meetings (national/regional/local).
- Document customer interactions and educational activities and manage allocated resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing/PA required; Masters in PA, NP, or CNS preferred
- Current active HCP license
- 7+ years clinical oncology/hematology experience. Recent clinical Hematology experience required
- Experience in academic and/or community oncology practice working with Hematology/Oncology patients.
- Experience and relationships with health care clinicians within assigned region preferred.
- Up to 50% travel required with the ability to travel regionally & nationally
- Flexible work schedule required to meet the needs of target customers which may include:
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work autonomously with efficient time management
- A passion for patients is essential
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Strong presentation skills
- Intermediate computer skills required (must be comfortable with basic software programs such as powerpoint, word, excel etc)
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]