Sfoglina Van Ness
Sfoglina Van Ness Is Hiring Bussers!
Sfoglina is inspired by the female pasta makers of Italy—today it’s cultural icons-who carried on the tradition and the art of making pasta by hand. This craft is showcased daily in our pasta rooms. Sfoglina serves light and seasonal salads, appetizers, shareable meat and seafood entrees, and authentic, family-favorite Italian desserts. Our charming venues feature a whimsical design and timeless Italian cocktails, approachable Italian wines, and comfy patios for al fresco dining.
If you would like to be a part of a growing restaurant group and work with some of the best hospitality and culinary professionals in the city, we would love to meet you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in all company training programs and consistently meets training expectations.
- Maintains constant communication with team members while on duty.
- Anticipates and accommodates guest needs throughout service.
- Establishes positive relationships with guests.
- Sets up dining room tables and stations according to floor plan and layout standards.
- Polishes glassware, china, silverware ice buckets, water pitchers and utensils needed in the dining room.
- Sets up bread and coffee stations and prepares bread and coffee.
- Prepares condiments needed at the front of house.
- Maintains dining room (tables and stations) cleanliness and organization.
- Conducts bread, water and hot beverage service.
- Assist Servers in running, serving, and describing foods and beverages during service.
- Marks tables during service.
- Clears and re-sets tables when required.
- Consistently maintains Grooming Standards.
- Maintains work-area and restaurant cleanliness and organization.
- Communicates guest-preference data to appropriate persons.
- Maintains an understanding of the proper steps of service required of all FOH positions.
- Makes appropriate decisions, which are in the best interest of the guest, the employees and the company.
- Performs additional tasks at the direction of management.
- Be a part of an award-winning restaurant group which continues to expand
- Company sponsored health care plan
- Competitive Pay
- EAP program
- Dining discounts
- Excellent Training & Development Opportunities
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Referral Bonuses
- Thinks like a guest.
- Works as a team.
- Acts like an owner.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an upscale casual or fine dining restaurant, exp. with high volume a plus
- Excellent guest service skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Professional appearance and grooming standards appropriate for a premier fine dining restaurant
- Previous experience with Italian or Spanish restaurants a plus
- Full and part time positions available
All interested candidates who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to reply to this posting with a copy of your resume.
For a list of all open positions, visit our restaurant websites at: www.fabiotrabocchi.com
More detail about Sfoglina Van Ness part of Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants
Job Type: Full-time