Research Technician II - Biochemistry, Molecular biology and Drug discovery
Baylor College of Medicine
The Palzkill lab is looking for a research technician to work on projects related to protein structure and function. The candidate with BS in Chemistry or Biology will be desirable. Applicants with research experience in molecular biology including PCR and DNA cloning as well as experience in protein expression and purification is a plus.
For more information: https://www.bcm.edu/research/faculty-labs/timothy-palzkill-lab
- Performs molecular biology work that includes to DNA cloning and PCR.
- Performs protein purification and analysis that includes to protein over-expression, column chromatography, electrophoresis and enzyme assays.
- Works on funded research project.
- Works on standard molecular biology and protein purification work.
- Maintains notes, and reports work to supervisor.
- Works on lab management that includes ordering supplies, interaction with Office of Environmental Safety, and Facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- BS in Chemistry or Biology.
- Experience in molecular biology that includes PCR and DNA cloning is desirable.
- Experience in protein expression and purification is a plus.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.