VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA CHESAPEAKE AND CAROLINAS, INC.
Department: Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Location: NC regional offices
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Program Director Team Lead or Assistant Director
Travel Requirement: Telework Capacity and travel in the Carolinas area as needed.
Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas empowers self-reliance and inspires hope. As a church without walls, we do this through personalized housing, ministry, health, and human services that benefit vulnerable individuals, their families and the community. Founded in 1896 in Baltimore, MD by social reformers, Ballington and Maud Booth, we were one of the first of over 30 affiliates of Volunteers of America one of the nations largest and most comprehensive human services organizations.
Our founders envisioned a movement dedicated to reaching and uplifting the American people. On behalf of the organization, the Booths pledged to go wherever we are needed, and do whatever comes to hand. Their declaration continues to guide Volunteers of America's impact on Helping Americas most vulnerable.
Through a dedicated and committed team of more than 850 employees and thousands of volunteers, we provide critical care, support services and hope to thousands of people each year throughout Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia and the Carolinas. We firmly believe our employees drive the success of the organization. Through our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, we endeavor to attract, engage and retain qualified, diverse, compassionate individuals to join our journey and experience a work environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Provide support and assistance to the SSVF team in regards to data entry, clerical and operational support to run an effective program in compliance with all funding and agency regulations
- Work with the Team Lead and Executive Program Director to ensure the program is in compliance with the rules and regulations of licensing and funding agencies, and in accordance with Volunteers of America Policies and Procedures.
- Provide administrative support for program staff. May include knowledge and use of database systems, evaluation tools, and developing program reports.
- Collect and maintain data-based statistical information and accurately input information into HMIS or other records as requested.
- Assist program staff in locating community resources that will benefit program participants,
- Arrange training, coordinate staff meeting and Project Management Team meeting and compose and distribute minutes of those meetings.
- Accept and direct phone calls to appropriate parties.
- Assist with completion of necessary paperwork and reports.
- Attend trainings as applicable and necessary to perform job functions.
- Ensure confidentiality of records and attain signed
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Staff is provided support to implement program policies and procedures.
- Planned services are delivered within the scope of the teams resources and budget.
- Critical stakeholders have access to the program and input into its operations.
- The team produces meaningful outcomes and measured results.
- At least two years previous office experience or a combination of an associates degree and previous office experience.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, quality written and verbal communication skills, be detailed oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team, experience with Microsoft office, data entry skills and familiarity with office equipment and general office procedures.
- Experience with HMIS is a plus.
- This position requires driving your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid drivers license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION
I have read the job description and understand accept the terms of employment with Volunteers of America Chesapeake and Carolinas
PRINT NAME _______________________________________ DATE: ______________
SIGNATURE ________________________________________ DATE: ______________