Maintenance Welding Tech
Maintenance Welding Tech
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Sea & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
A Maintenance Welding Technician, under general supervision, is required to perform any and all tasks assigned by management based on the needs of the business.
- Primary duties may include performing complex troubleshooting and repairs on welding equipment, maintaining welding machines and welding machine accessories, providing production support as needed and performing equipment preventative maintenance related to production equipment.
- Additional duties may include performing light mechanical duties, light electrical duties, painting, light carpentry, and general equipment preventative maintenance.
- Perform preventative and repair tasks related to facility equipment using diagnostics devices (i.e. welding machine load bank, multimeter, amp probe, phase meter, etc.) which are all provided by the Company.
- Be able to read and work from electrical schematics and to trace electrical wiring.
- May direct activities or tasks of other employees.
- Maintain records, forms, and logs as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
High School graduate or GED or equivalent to a high school diploma plus formal craft training with the ability to read blueprints and sketches coupled with the ability to perform shop mathematics.
- Three (3) plus years of related experience.
- Must be able to interpret wiring/component drawings and schematics.
- Basic experience with hand tools (wrenches, pliers, sockets, hammer, etc.) which will be Company provided.
- Ability to perform from written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret electro/mechanical drawings, sketches, and wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of electrical principles, as well as structural and mechanical installation and repair.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work with little or no prior notification.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
Physical demands described have been validated by on-site job analysis. They are representative of the physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully and safely perform the essential functions of this job. The following information is a synopsis of key physical demand requirements determined from a detailed job analysis:
Postural: Must have the ability to move extremities and spine throughout a sufficient range of motion that will permit the employee to work in a variety of postures involving a range from floor to overhead level. Flexing and twisting of the trunk and other awkward postures are occasionally required.
Dexterity: Must have a good dexterity and frequently use one and two hands throughout the work period for tasks involving fingering, gripping and manipulation.
Cardiorespiratory Demand: Must have sufficient cardiorespiratory fitness to be able to perform medium work involving heavy lifting. Must be able to safely tolerate medium demands on the cardiorespiratory system in various temperature ranges and humidity.
General Physical Activities: Include standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, seeing distant/reading, reaching, hearing, depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs and balancing.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information
Job Field Manufacturing
Primary Location US-Louisiana-New Orleans
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting 11/24/2022, 12:00:00 AM