IMMEDIATE OPENING - Athletic Coach (Baseball)
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools (School Support 2023-2024)
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter organization in Los Angeles, serving 12,500 low-income families across 28 open enrollment public charter high schools and middle schools. Alliance schools significantly outperform traditional public schools across almost every measure; for example, 95% of Alliance students graduate high school in four years and 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college. We are committed to hiring the most dedicated, qualified, and talented teachers, school leaders, and staff to join our team and serve our students.
Under supervision of the Principal and/or school Athletic Director, coach students in a specific sport during the established season.
- Coach and instruct students in a sport, instruct students in the proper use of equipment and rules of the specific sport
- Supervise students in the locker room, during practices, during athletic competitions and on buses to and from athletic competitions
- Maintain proper inventory and care of equipment and facilities
- Assess student performance and make coaching decisions without regard to outside teen/youth affiliations. (For coaches who coach both at a school and for a private or community club/team)
Generally, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would be qualifying. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to prevent injuries
- Ability to teach and motivate middle school aged students
- Skills of the sport
- Strategies and concepts in the sport
- Rules of the sport
- Policies of the school district that apply to athletics and student behavior
- Exhibit positive leadership skills, good sportsmanship and personal and professional integrity
- Maintain good communication with the, school administrators, other staff and parents
- Demonstrate good rapport with the coaches and staff of other schools and athletic officials
- Organize, plan, and execute practices and game schedules in a timely manner
- Experience in teaching and coaching the sport
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, stretching some jumping.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Employees in this position will be required to:
- Work indoors in locker room, gymnasium, field, court, or track
- Work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet installation deadlines
- Come in direct contact with Alliance staff, students, parents and the public
Alliance provides competitive salaries, which are reviewed every three years. Please click HERE for more information on the salary for this role.
To apply, Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter below. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
** PLEASE NOTE: Alliance College-Ready Public Schools requires that all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the safety of our students, family, and staff. Team members may apply to seek a medical exemption. Regardless of your current vaccination status, our team can advise you on how to fulfill this important requirement so that you can start the position in a timely way. **
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and other underrepresented people tend to only apply when they match every criteria. If you think you meet some of the qualifications, but don't necessarily check every box in the job description, we encourage you to still apply. If you have questions contact the Staffing Team at [email protected].