Bridge Inspection Assistant Project Manager
- Tampa, Florida
We are excited to share once again TranSystems has been recognized as a top 100 design firm by Engineering News-Record in 2022. For more than 50 years, TranSystems has committed to a mission of performing engineering and architectural planning, design, and construction solution services in a manner that is both safe and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and client requirements. At TranSystems, we have established and continue to nurture a culture that is committed to providing quality services for our clients. We’re looking for top talent to grow with our firm.
What you'll be challenged to do: *
TranSystems is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager in their Tampa Office. The candidate will be responsible for managing large bridge and other structures inspection projects as well as assisting in developing new clients and maintaining existing client relationships. The successful candidate will have a diverse background with extensive experience in performing structures inspection and/or design, and managing structures inspection projects. Maintain project deliveries on time, within budget, consistent with TranSystems’ quality standards and the clients’ satisfaction. Expand the relationship with existing clients. Assist in the hiring of additional structures inspection staff to grow the department. Coordinate the resource management projections of the office technical staff. Assist the Office Director in office resource management and administration.
- Manage bridge inspection and rehabilitation projects in accordance with TranSystems, FDOT and other accepted standards. Typical duties and activities include:
- Ensure projects conform to the contractual requirements
- Monitoring project schedule, and delivering on-time in accordance with clients’ deadlines
- Controlling project budgets
- Managing project quality, developing the project QA/QC Plan, assigning QC review personnel, and managing quality review schedules
- Developing the project safety plan
- Identify and manage project risks (schedule, budget, quality, safety, and liability)
- Effective and transparent communication with team members, office staff, and clients
- Participate in business development activities with the Project Manager, Office Director, Business Development Coordinators, and Client Service Teams to expand TranSystems' new projects.
- Expanding personal and business relationships with new and existing clients on a planned basis and as opportunities arise.
- Identify new business opportunities in bridge inspection and design.
- Develop plans and strategies for client presentations. Participate in presentations.
- Maintain client relationships with new and existing clients.
- Prepare articles for publication and or presentation at conferences.
- Assist the Project Manager to recruit and select new employees when staffing needs require it
- Assist in formally mentoring and coaching staff members
- Provide input into performance reviews of assigned staff
- Actively participate in TranSystems Bridge Practice Community activities, including committees
What you bring to our firm: *
Florida Professional Engineer’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 15+ plus years of progressive experience in inspection and/or design of bridges and ancillary transportation structures and management of inspection contracts
- Strong communications skills
- Project management and contract administration experience
- Completion of FHWA-NHI-130055: SAFETY INSPECTION OF IN-SERVICE BRIDGES
- Knowledge of AASHTOWare BrM and Florida’s Bridge Management System
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and various engineering and scheduling software
- Experience in the management of bridge inspection projects for Florida Department of Transportation
- Actively engages multiple perspectives when solving problems, seeks to learn from peers, and encourages reciprocal learning among team members.
- Actively advocates for full inclusion in the workplace, fostering an environment that welcomes diversity and values equity for all employees, partners, clients, and the communities that TranSystems serves.
TranSystems is proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
As the employer of choice, we are committed to action and strive for a company that reflects the vast diversity of our country and the communities we serve. TranSystems is committed to embracing diversity in all forms, including race, culture, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, thought and religious background. We acknowledge the impacts of prejudice and discrimination on historically underserved communities. We commit to establishing a more diverse, inclusive and positive work environment that drives innovation.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: TranSystems is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a TranSystems employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution._
Job Type: Full-time