Guest Service Associate Japanese - ONBOARD Pride of America
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Pride of America, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We’re continually seeking top talent that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the NCLH family!
The Guest Service Associate Japanese will be responsible for providing a variety of services and giving accurate, consistent information to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a pleasant and accommodating personality.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Responsible for answering the emergency telephone line and taking appropriate, immediate action.
- Handle guest requests in an effective way by taking ownership of the request then following-up until the matter is finalized to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Fully familiar with the Guest Recovery program and empowered to utilize as needed
- Maintains a cash float for giving change and cashing traveler checks for guests.
- Takes care of lost and found items and the related documentation.
- Records significant guest related issues in the daily logbook for shared knowledge and follow-up.
- Answers internal and external telephone calls through the switchboard, taking messages and forwarding them on to the appropriate person.
- Makes public address announcements as needed.
- Assigned special duties such as Lost & Found, Office Supplies, and Post Cards.
- Can perform administrative duties in the capacity of assistant to the Concierge that includes manning the executive lounge hospitality desk, following through on regular suite requests, making reservations, contacting guests, etc.
- Can perform administrative duties to assist in ship’s clearance, BAGS program, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution is required.
- Customer Service/Guest Relations Oriented and Well Organized
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.36 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Candidates need to be FULLY VACCINATED before training
Work Location: One location