Business Systems Coordinator
Date: 1 week ago
City: Newark, NJ
Contract type: Full time
Business Systems Coordinator
Staff & Executive
NJMS-Office of the COO-Tss
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives
Rutgers RBHS is an anchor institution that boasts locations in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Business Systems Coordinator for the Office of the COO/Technology Support Services within the New Jersey Medical School. Under direction, the Business Systems Coordinator will provide front-end technical Support and analysis to the NJMS and Graduate School community (faculty, staff & Students) in the use of various academic systems, including reporting, data-dashboarding and training
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provide quality assurance for educational technology applications and systems, including systems testing, problem solving, resolution, and end-user liaison and communication.
- Train and assist in educational and classroom technology solutions in place at the school. Lead training sessions and create material related to educational technology training in academic systems and general Microsoft office products.
- Participate in the coordination of projects related to the implementation of academic business systems within the Department.
- Participate on committees and task forces related to system implementation and use. Communicate the status of activities and projects.
- Assist in the development of written, web, and video materials to support system use.
- Acts as a liaison between the end user community, Technology Support Services, RU OIT and outside vendors.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and computer methods.
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Annual Minimum Salary
Annual Mid Range Salary
Annual Maximum Salary
HPAE, Local 5094
Rutgers offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees. For details, please go to http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Rutgers also offers a benefit program to eligible full-time postdoctoral fellow students. For details, please go to https://finance.rutgers.edu/healthcare-risk/insurance/postdoctoral-health-insurance
COVID-19 Immunization Requirement
Under Policy 60.1.35, Rutgers University requires all prospective employees to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received a booster (where eligible) against COVID-19 prior to commencement of employment, unless the University has granted the individual a medical or religious exemption. Prospective employees who are not eligible for a booster at the time of an offer of employment must provide proof they have received a booster within two weeks (14 calendar days) of eligibility. Based on current guidance, individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of any COVID-19 vaccine authorized or approved for use in the United States by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Eligibility for a booster against COVID-19 varies and is explained on the University’s web site located at https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/covid-19-vaccine. Failure to provide proof of primary vaccination and booster will result in rescission of a prospective employee’s offer of employment and/or disciplinary action up to and including termination
Terms of Appointment
Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field required. A minimum of three years of experience in an academic or technology area.
- Equivalent experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the education requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Proficient in Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Educational Technology tools (e.g., audience response) and systems.
- Experience with learning management systems (e.g., Canvas) a plus.
- Training Experience.
- Experience with Tableau data dashboard a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings
Infection Control and Safety
This position is subject to all Rutgers University policies, including TB surveillance and other infection control and safety policies. Please review the Tuberculosis Surveillance Policy for additional information