Construction Consulting - Associate
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Construction Consulting Associate for our Construction Consulting Practice in Oakland, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team involved in projects relating to construction project management, program management, construction claims and contract dispute resolution, litigation services and related construction consulting services.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, updating, and analyzing project schedules
- Planning and analyzing project costs
- Tracking and managing project scope changes and project risks
- Reviewing project documents and performing document control
- Preparing project and program status reports
- Supporting requests of project leads and clients
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Structural Engineering, Architecture or related discipline plus 1 - 5 years of industry experience (internships included) or M.S. plus 0 - 5 years of industry experience (internships included); advanced degree(s), Registration and Certifications are preferred
- Ability to work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external clients
- Proactive and self-driven to navigate complexities and resolve hurdles
- Close attention to detail, thorough in execution of tasks, and timely in task completions
- Strong analytical thinking and data management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of common construction related software including Primavera and Microsoft office tools
- Experience in contract dispute resolution and construction claims, litigation services and construction consulting services is a plus, but not necessary
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected]