Safety Compliance Coordinator - Houston, TX
Job ID: 475821
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain wall, storefronts and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings and more.
The 2nd shift full-time (Bilingual Safety Coordinator) for our Houston, TX | Southerland facility isn’t just a job – it’s a starting point to an awesome career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within at our facility. Opportunities to advance into higher roles of responsibility and pay are everywhere. You can be our next success story!
This role is perfect for an individual who approaches their work professionally loves to be a part of a team and wants to help us get better every day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
- Full Time – 2nd Shift (6:00 PM – 6:00 AM)
- Will have to work 1st Shift only when needed for New Hire Onboarding Safety Trainings
- Overtime Opportunities
- Advancement Opportunities
- DailyPay Partners (Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow)
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
- Help drive the overall safety performance and compliance through various safety, health, and training activities.
- The Safety Coordinator will partner with the 2nd Shift Supervisor to ensure that all personnel and activities are aligned with Safety as a Value.
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to OSHA guidelines and the elimination of industrial incidents.
- Work closely with the shift supervisor, department leads, and the Safety, Health & Environmental Manager to ensure full compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety regulations.
- Assist in entering company’s incident database and ensuring monthly safety audits are completed.
- Maintain all other safety-related records such as waste records in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company requirements.
- Oversee, evaluate, and continuously improve the facility’s safety program to achieve and maintain a zero-harm goal.
- Randomly observe department audits and BBSO’s to assure they are conducted with rigor and intensity.
- Research and implement new safety activities to keep the safety program current and effective.
- Manage and conduct outside contractor training and emergency action plan training.
- Champion safety committee and oversee plant safety project work teams for 2nd shift and quarterly plant safety committee projects.
What We’re Looking For
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a must. More than ¾ of our staff speak Spanish. An essential part of the job is to build relationships, be able to communicate with our team and conduct training in both languages.
- Priory Safety Coordinator experience preferred by not required
- Knowledge of all current government safety regulations (i.e., OSHA), first aid, CPR, ergonomics, and industrial hygiene preferred by not required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work and deliveries.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability or potential.
- Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high.
- The plant facility is subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
**reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job**
Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has partnered with DailyPay to offer you the ability to access your earnings before your next paycheck based on current hours worked. You can transfer your earnings instantly for $2.99 per transaction or the next day for $1.99. Certain terms and conditions apply.
What OBE Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- 401k with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the OBE family!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.