Process Development Chemist
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Process Development Chemist located in Indianapolis, IN. The position is focused on the discovery and development of organic synthesis technology for the cost-effective manufacture of novel agricultural crop protection products. The position exists to support a growing pipeline of experimental products under development by the Corteva Agriscience business.
Primary Responsibilities (How you will grow and what you will do):
- Conceive and develop novel synthetic routes to target product molecules.
- Define, design, and develop the AI manufacturing processes, which should be cost-effective, safe and sustainable.
- Be competent in scientific method as applied to process research including conducting experiments and use of statistical data analysis techniques.
- Manage and contribute to the synthesis of gram to kilogram quantities of experimental products for the support of other Corteva R&D sub-functions.
- Work with discovery pipeline molecules at various stages of development to support supply of intermediates and final targets for use in Field, Formulation, and Toxicology studies.
- Work with process engineer and supply leader to identify, demonstrate, implement and deliver value creation and technology improvement and optimization to existing production.
- Provide technology transfer and technical support to both internal and external manufacturing facilities.
- Lead and support research and co-development efforts with external partners.
- Work with analytical team to ensure analytical methodology and impurity characterization supports the process development work.
- Lead evaluation of mechanism of formation and mitigation strategies for process impurities identified from route invention through to manufacture. Monitor the impact of chemistry and process changes on the final product impurity profile
- Conduct and evaluate experiments using appropriate safety guidelines consistent with safety practices.
- Understand the process safety, and coordinate to generate key data packages to support manufacturing processes.
- Develop technology strategy with organizational leaders.
- Lead projects and programs on multi-functional teams for organization.
- Design patent strategy for projects.
- Initiate and promote collaborations with other Corteva R&D groups engaged in process and related research.
- Effectively communicate with business partners from all regions of the company, from multiple disciplines and multiple business segments.
- Mentor all personnel, both experienced and new, on organic chemistry and process development principles to elevate both their capabilities as well as the group capabilities.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry with >5 years of relevant industry experience, >8 years is preferred
- Strong synthetic chemistry background is required.
- Candidates should have general knowledge of broad separation technologies and characterization techniques.
- A proven track record of solving complex synthetic problems is required.
- A track record of technical publications, highly effective communication (written & verbal), interpersonal skills and teamwork is essential for success.
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Check out life at Corteva!https://www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!