Unit Secretary Labor and Delivery Full Time Days
The Hospitals of Providence - East Campus
Unit Secretary performs general clerical duties on a nursing unit by preparing, compiling, and maintaining records in a hospital nursing unit.Responsibilities
- Records, transmits and/or files written and verbal communications to, from, and within the nursing unit to staff, patients, and physicians.
- Transcribes physicians’ orders.
- Schedules and signs patients in and out for surgery, treatments, or tests as indicated.
- Orders and stores unit supplies.
- Makes necessary phone calls for special orders for doctors, patients or nurses.
- Maintains current and orderly chart files
- Assembles patients’ charts for transfers or discharges.
- Answers telephone or intercom.
- Records and relays messages.
- Greets, directs, and instructs visitors as necessary.
- Assist physicians in locating patients’ charts and appropriate primary nurse.
- Prepare routine, confidential and/or special reports, documents and records.
- Assists with patient care/quality assurance audits.
Qualifications - ExternalEducation
Required: High school diploma or equivalentExperience
Required: Must be familiar with medical terminology, and have experience with the use of a computer.
Preferred: Previous experience as a Unit Secretary preferred.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.