Food Service - Barista
Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning healthcare system? We’re looking for a qualified Barista like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: 800 W. Randol Mill Road in Arlington, TX 76012
- Work Environment: Food & Nutrition Services
- Work hours: PRN (As Needed) Monday – Friday; 6:00AM-4:30PM as needed, no weekends, no major holidays
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
6 Months experience as a cashier in a high volume setting required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required
Reading, basic math, written language in English. Cooperative, discreet, and courteous, good communication and organizational skills, positive customer service attributes ability to work as a member of a team.
- Describe the job responsibility, core duty and/or individual performance goal: Prepares beverages per established guidelines and has thorough product knowledge. Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines. Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position. Assist in set-up and maintaining service areas and in a clean, neat, and orderly manner. Stock designated areas as needed. Secure area at the beginning and end of shift.
- Demonstrates cash handling skills to include correct charging for every item purchased; ensuring all items are included in charge; ability to handle and count money accurately in a high volume, rapid paced environment; and verify precise cash drawer amounts before and after meal periods. Computer skills required for operation of register and the production of register reports.
- Demonstrates customer skills, performs customer recovery, and resolves customer complaints/concerns/questions at point of service.
- Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation. Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties. Records refrigerator temperatures in areas of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures. Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements. Follows proper hand hygiene.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health employee, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to [email protected]