Installer - Medical Equipment
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
Are you an independent go-getter that is mechanically inclined and that makes Customer satisfaction and safety their top priorities? Come join our team, as a medical equipment Installer! Under the general direction of the Installation Project Manager, you will provide complete equipment installation, in accordance with plans and specifications, including scheduling, delivery, installation, check-out, and final inspection of equipment.
This is a high travel/commute role with significant driving and likely overnight stays. Average overnight travel may be 2-3 days a week, depending on location and business needs.
What we offer
Competitive pay w added 15% differential on top of salary; per diem for food/beverage
- Overtime opportunities
- Annual merit review and bonus incentive plans
- Company vehicle, fuel, vehicle maintenance, uniforms and all necessary tools provided
- Company provided credit card, iPhone & laptop
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Extensive hands-on training and development
- Paid time off that accrues from day one and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
- High School Diploma or GED
What you will do
- Collaborate with Installation Project Manager to schedule product installation in coordination with equipment delivery, customer availability, and construction schedules.
- Prior to installation, verify rough-in dimensions and utilities are adequate to meet equipment specifications. Ensure doorways, elevators, and hallways are sufficient to allow equipment transport to installation site.
- Perform installation of STERIS products, including, but not limited to: uncrating; assembling; setting or lifting product into place; leveling; connecting utilities; and testing unit.
- Must be capable of independent work.
- Complete service documentation electronically.
- Provide daily email updates to keep all parties informed and ensure timely in-service, hand off to local technicians, and Customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through post-installation activities to include disposal of all associated packing and shipping crate material, ensuring equipment is wiped down and fingerprints are removed, and addressing any questions/issues before leaving the site.
- Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
What you will need
- High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of experience, or an Associate's degree in Electronics, Mechanical or similar degree, plus 1+ year(s) of related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in computers and Windows software.
- Plumbing, electrical, and mechanical. knowledge.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and travel to support business needs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- This position requires routine walking, bending, kneeling, and squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Perform work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include using ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lift/lower/carry 1 to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/lower 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and variable temperatures.
If you are interested in joining our growing team, please apply today!
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.