Human Resources Information Analyst - Talent Acquisition
Minneapolis Public Schools
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Human Resources Information Analyst - Talent Acquisition and Requisition ID number: 98097
Close Date: 11:59 PM on 11/29/2022
Organizational Unit: Talent Acquisition (10000777)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
FTE: 1.0; 52 weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Under general supervision, provides technical enterprise system research, analysis, and support to MPS staff; processes and analyzes data, generates reports, determines user needs, and coordinates database and communications protocols to assure effective systems operation within the Staffing/Talent Aquisition division of the Human Resources department.
Bargaining Unit: MACA l Grade: 49 l Salary Range*: $26.34 /hour - $32.89 /hour l FLSA Status: Hourly/ Non-Exempt
- The salary range for this position is provided by the listed bargaining unit’s collective bargaining agreement; actual pay will be based on selected candidates’ experience.
MPS Offers a Desirable Benefits Package!
Pension (Employee Contribution) with District Match
MN Deferred Compensation
Eleven (11) Paid Holidays in addition to Paid Time Off
EAP (Employee Assistance Program) access to free, confidential consultation with counselors in the areas of personal and work concerns
LegalSheild/IDShield access to legal advice
Wellness and Fitness Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
Flexible Spending Account Options
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of HR applications in the District’s enterprise systems; assures record keeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely; verifies that all locations have access to information.
.Enters the majority of the staffing data for the district.
. Oversee and Lead the HR Specialist team on data-entry and data-entry projects
. Build and provide HRIS (SAP) trainings, trains users on software applications usage and configuration issues. Main point person for SAP staffing data.
- Monitors and maintains HRIS systems and all link-ups to assure proper functioning and efficient operations; runs report generators and develops regular and specializes operational reports.
· Develops and recommends security protocols to assure integrity of system and confidentiality of data. · Provides technical support and assistance to MPS staff; analyzes database problems and implements solutions according to standards, guidelines and procedures; performs database administrator duties, and assures system stability, accessibility and proper configuration of technical systems and components.
- Performs computer trouble-shooting to diagnose system and desktop problems; analyzes hardware and software functionality; identifies, locates, resolves and repairs problems.
- Monitors HRIS environment; resolves configuration and connectivity issues, and other traffic, security and access problems; assures system integrity and maximum uptime.
- Performs ongoing technical tuning of the database and network systems to improve performance.
- Maintains and updates computers, workstations, network systems, equipment and peripherals; installs software upgrades, enhancements and revised functions.
- Monitors utilization trends and backup procedures; manages user accounts, password files and access rights; responds to the needs and inquiries of users; explains HRIS system issues, deploys solutions, and follows up with users to assure the stability and functionality of the users’ systems.
- Provides excellent customer service for all HRIS issues.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
· Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures. · Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Accesses highly confidential documents relating to the bargaining process, and maintains strict confidentiality of document content and meeting discussions.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, Business or Public Administration; AND two (2) years of database administration and report writing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
- Human Resources, compensation and benefits administration principles and practices.
- Computer operations and database software applications in a network environment.
- HRIS systems and report writing query tools.
- Database protocols and internet technical knowledgebase services.
- Project management planning and tracking practices, principles, tools and techniques.
- State and Federal laws, statutes, rules, codes and regulations governing HR functions.
- Organizational and functional responsibilities of HR Department work groups.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Principles of confidential records and file management.
- Analyzing problems and recommending effective solutions.
- Answering questions, advising staff, and resolving problems regarding HRIS programs.
- Developing and administering complex databases.
- Defining problems, collecting data, and recommending methods, procedures and techniques for resolution of technology issues.
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, and preparing data and generating reports.
- Providing effective customer service.
- Reviewing documents and extracting relevant information.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Posting Notes: | 12:01 AM On 11/29/2022 | Talent Acquisition (10000777) | Davis Center (0001) | Administrative