Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist
We're hiring an Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist within the Research & Development (R&D) department of Corteva Agriscience.
The successful applicant will represent the Ecotoxicology Team on multidisciplinary regulatory teams responsible for development, registration or re-registration of new and existing crop protection products. Opportunities exist for scientific growth within this role including working on cross-active ingredient projects, innovative/ higher-tier testing approaches and communicating data to a wide variety of audiences. The position will involve close liaison with registration colleagues and technical experts across a wide range of disciplines within Corteva, industry associations, and national or international regulatory authorities.
How will you help us grow?
The successful candidate will serve as a global ecotoxicologist in the development of crop protection products; this includes:
- Planning ecotoxicology test programs and providing oversight for outsourced (contract) work or quality testing.
- Providing environmental risk assessments in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Providing reports and presentations for regulatory agencies and interfacing with regulatory agencies.
- Contributing as a member of multiple product teams operating in a collaborative, team environment.
- Effectively utilizing organizational networking to influence decision making.
The successful candidate will also contribute to external science, including publications and science-related arenas related to ecotoxicology, and leverage that influence to benefit the company by:
- Keeping current with developments in ecotoxicology and risk assessment, and providing technical expertise and support to regulatory science, registration and business teams.
- Representing ecotoxicology and/or regulatory sciences externally at meetings and conferences.
- Regularly communicating with management of the impact of current and pending regulations/guidance and how they may affect the company.
Travel approximately 10 percent of the time – domestic and international.
The strong preference is for the successful candidate to be office-based (flexible working arrangements will apply) at a Corteva site location, preferably in Indianapolis. However, suitable candidates who do not meet these criteria will not necessarily be excluded from consideration.
Requirements:What expertise have you grown?
- PhD in Environmental Toxicology, Ecology, Entomology, Zoology, or other ecotoxicology-related science preferably with some work experience in ecotoxicology serving the agrochemical industry.
- Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills coupled with application of scientific principlesDemonstrated teamwork and project management abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to address issues in a timely and effective manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills to deliver technical information to scientific and non-scientific audiences
- High level of English Proficiency.
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!