HARD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Sandia Resort And Casino
Under direct supervision of the Facilities Supervisor and the Hard Maintenance lead, Hard Maintenance performs the overall repairs of the Resort & Casino and related facilities; in accordance with management directives.
Supervised by the Facilities Supervisor and the Hard Maintenance Lead. The Hard Maintenance Tech has no supervisory authority.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic carpentry, cement finishing, electrical repair, plumbing, plastering, painting, glazing, roofing and sheet rock work.
- Inspects buildings and equipment for damage and vandalism and repairs mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Uses hand and power tools and assists in erecting new and/or remodeling of existing buildings.
- Visually inspects building exterior and trim, ceiling panels, roof, fire exits, walls, floors and performs basic repair work as needed.
- Complies with Pueblo, Resort & Casino, and Facilities Department standard operating procedures.
- Operates and repairs vehicles and heavy equipment owned by the Pueblo of Sandia.
- Utilizes high lift for maintenance tasks when required.
- Replaces covers on Gaming tables as required.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Assists in maintaining Inventory of equipment, parts, tools, and supplies.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a composite crew and is required to assist Hard Maintenance, Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen Repair technicians and or other trades in accomplishing their duties on a routine basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform construction activities as assigned.
- Ability to operate manual and power tools used in the performance of maintenance work.
- Ability to prepare maintenance reports.
- Knowledge of general safety rules, requirements, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good public and employee relations.
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance requirements on electrical, mechanical and plumbing
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED certification.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two (2) years of responsible experience in a skilled labor work environment such as carpentry, plumbing or electric.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Duties are performed indoors and outdoors as required. Outdoor duties are subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather. Work apparel including standard work uniform issued by employer, may require employee to wear other apparel at his own expense to compensate for temperature conditions.
- Subject to potential hazards such as cleaning solvents and cleaning compounds.
- Subject to potential hazards such as heights, motorized equipment, power tools and loud noise. Personal protection equipment will be required depending on task.
- Additional potential hazards include exposure to infections, diseases, fumes, odors, dust, mist, and gases.
- Duties may involve walking, climbing, crawling, standing for long periods of time, sitting, crouching, kneeling, running, and the ability to assume a prone position.
- Work hours and/or work schedules are subject to change on short notice based solely on business needs. At times overtime work is required as approved by management.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Considerable work is physical activity. Requires heavy physical work requiring ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Specific physical body movements require the following:
- Trunk-bend, twists, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms-reach, carries, push, pull twists, rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twists, rotate, balance
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, overall and finger dexterity
- Eye and hand coordination