Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Junior Interior Designer for our Washington, DC office. Be involved in projects with our Federal Programs Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Visit https://youtu.be/KB7CcSJ45qw to learn more about our Federal Programs Team.
- Assist as directed by design team in all project phases including Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
- Assist, as directed by design team, with furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) throughout all phases of interior design work.
- Assist in the design development and documentation of interior spaces, including drawings of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, pattern plans, elevations, details, room finishes, etc.
- Conduct research as directed for product and finish selections; assist in the development of finish plans and specifications.
- Assist in preparing presentation boards.
- Assist in Revit library and creating families.
- Assist in preparing computerized renderings and other presentation materials.
- Maintain the Interior Design library by organizing and continually updating new and discontinued materials as determined by office.
- Order samples and materials from vendors.
- Continually focus on learning, researching, and exploring the interior design field.
- Prior to design contract requests, gather and define customer's design requirements and prepare solutions ranging from conceptual design to final design within established parameters.
- Create design and construction documents, prepare project specifications, develop record control documents, and generate presentation graphics
- Collect, prepare, and report programmatic information and official weekly project status reports
- Coordinate design activities with architecture, engineering, safety, security, construction, and other related functional areas.
- Ensure compliance with Building Codes and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Assist with design reviews of Government projects
- Develop high-level cost for construction utilizing historical and research data.
- Prepare reports and cost and schedule estimates.
- Manage project design and/or construction efforts, to include schedule, funding, and day-to-day project oversight.
- Evaluate, validate, and manage project change requests.
- Prepare and distribute project communication with customers, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders.
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets; provide technical guidance and assistance on contracting and construction-related issues; direct design efforts; recommend construction documents for approval; and provide oversight of any follow-on maintenance programs.
- Optimize performance, cost, and schedule by ensuring project objectives are achieved on schedule and at the lowest cost compatible with user requirements.
- Ensure integration of all systems, including information technology, telephone, security, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCad, and rendering programs (V-Ray)
- Good communications, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Due to client requirements, ability to obtain a Secret level US Security clearance is required
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Familiarity with building planning, drawing standards, design, and construction management; including restorative and new design.
- Capable creative, visualization, and technical drawing skills.
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Active Secret level US Security Clearance
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: WASHINGTON - 23RD STREET NW
- All locations: US-DC-Washington
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.