Practice Manager II
Regional One Health
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: As a member of the Ambulatory Services Team, this person is responsible for the administrative, clinical and operational function of multiple locations and perform practice management oversight. This position will be responsible to ensure that quality health care is provided in a manner that is cost-efficient and complies with practice standards and regulatory requirements while leading by example and managing supervisory level staff.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
The scope of responsibility for this position will vary based on the number of locations in which are to be managed. This position manages other managerial staff and provides professional coaching in areas of need.
- Effectively manage day-to-day operational issues. Provide strategic leadership in delegating responsibility appropriately to members of the management team and other members of staff while retaining overall accountability.
- Manage performance of all staff within the practice. Hire, orient, appraise and develop new staff.
- Ensure that the physician practices perform at or above budgeted levels.
- Provide monthly reports and analyses related to assigned practice(s) and provide feedback on financial performance to staff and to the senior management.
- Utilize report metrics to educate providers on key operational factors and advise on the necessity of performance/behavior adjustments.
- Maintain strong monitoring tools of account receivable and billing related issues for the appropriate practice.
- Conducts regular meetings to promote strong communications with staff and providers.
- Practice Growth and Development
- Focus on new patient growth.
- Maintain clinical standards focusing on Joint Commission, CMS and other State and Federal requirements.
- Establish par levels of supplies within the practice(s) and monitor purchasing to ensure par stock levels are maintained.
- Develop and maintain policies in accordance to clinical/practice standards.
- Strategic planning and development of practice scope.
- Maintain CLIA licensing up-to-date and in compliance with CMS guidelines.
- Coordinates with Medical Staff/Credentialing to ensure that physicians/providers are fully credentialed.
- Represent the practice(s) at meetings and conferences.
- Deliver Quality Care as Measured
- Audit documentation and compliance related issues and create an educational event as needed to ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate risk.
- Cross train staff to cover other practices within the organization.
- Ensure standardization of practice procedures; maintain process and workflow via quarterly check lists.
- Develop and support a relationship with Nursing Division in relationship to the staffing and evaluation of all nursing staff within the practice(s).
- Maintain inspection readiness for Joint Commission, CMS and other regulatory agencies – including but not limited to –
- Update all policies and procedures annually or as needed.
- Keep staff informed, educated and prepared for regulatory priorities on quarterly basis.
- Maintain monitoring tools to ensure policies are followed and understood.
- Focus on medication management processes; sample management.
- Focus on prevention of falls, hazardous waste process and injections training.
- Keeping staff current on the latest CMS National Patient Safety Goals by providing monthly education and review.
- Work Collaboratively
- Review clinical services regularly, recommend and implement changes or extensions to services as agreed with the Director.
- Identify significant challenges and threats to the practice and ensure effective responses.
- Promote and maintain own and others’ health, safety and security to include: identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
- Make effective use of training to update knowledge and skills. Utilize appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a neat and safe manner and free from hazards. Report potential risks quickly and devise methods to eliminate them.
- Strive to maintain quality within the Practice. Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk for prompt resolution.
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance.
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patient’s needs.
- Effectively manage time, workload and resources.
- Demonstrate Service Excellence
- Continuously work for the common good of the organization to further the mission and as a team player to accomplish projects and tasks as they arise.
- Communicating and working to resolve customer and employee issues and complaints as they arise.
- Maintain visibility and accessibility throughout the practice(s) and organization, including weekly rounding.
- Promote Service Excellence
- Identify and hold staff accountable for core department service excellence measures.
- Provide staff with empowering parameters and expectations for prompt resolution of customer service issues and complaints.
- Champion effort and achieve improved patient satisfaction by assessing patient satisfaction quarterly and initiating highly effective plans to improve patient satisfaction scores.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in HealthCare Administration/Management or related area is required. Master's Degree in business administration, management, health care management, or related field strongly preferred.
Experience: Four to six years progressive healthcare experience in a medically related practice, operation or business unit, preferably with multiple providers, practices and/or locations. Five (5) years leadership experience preferred. Additional experience and requirements may be required based on assigned medical clinics/practices.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and/or American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) preferred. Additional certifications may be required based on practice/clinic assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to manage multiple locations.
- Ability to coach and mentor all levels of staff, including supervisory level.
- Demonstrates ability to provide leadership and ensures that clear and complete expectations are set annually and updated as needed to achieve the Practice’s objectives.
- Demonstrates insight and thoroughness in anticipating needs and developing clear, sound, realistic strategic and operational plans, capital and operating budgets.
- Demonstrated ability with budget preparations, accounting/finance and organizational, management and HR practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary in order to solve technical, clinical, administrative, billing or managerial issues relative to complex plans, systems, and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple independent projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated communication skills necessary to interpret hospital policies in situations requiring persuasion, prepare and present presentations to hospital senior management.
- Ability to identify with, share in, and display a commitment to the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Joint Commission and other requirements and regulations.
Location: Regional One Health · ROH Oncology Svc Line Admin
Schedule: Full-time, Day shift, vary