Project Architect - Healthcare
Project Architect - Healthcare - ( 2200040R )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Join a growing Healthcare practice in the greater LA market as a Project Architect working with some of our top Healthcare clients. With general guidance from the Healthcare leadership team, you will support all aspects of the project process from validation/pre-design through construction administration and close-out within Healthcare and Laboratory projects. Coordination with consultants, contractors, and Owners will be a part of your weekly activities to manage projects. Along with your Project Manager, you will support multiple projects at any time, within various phases of design and construction. This position may require full time or part-time on-site location with the Project Manager thru the design and construction phases.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of large and medium complexity/size.
- Inspires creativity, critical thought, and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Participates in development of the program and other pre-design efforts such as space planning, blocking and adjacency diagrams.
- Conceptualizes a building design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client’s requirements, budget, and program.
- Analyzes site incorporating geotechnical, hydrological, environmental, social, economic and contextual conditions.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the design and environment.
- Presents the design with the Project Manager and Project Designer to stakeholders during early project phases. Develops building design in accordance with cost parameters.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Ensures that design intent and technical criteria is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Evaluates and selects building systems and materials.
- Coordinates building systems with engineers/consultants to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Implement Life Safety strategies for healthcare and related occupancies.
- Participates in design critiques and constructability reviews.
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members, external consultants, owner, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Lean tools and on-site big room experience is a plus
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Lead one or more teams on medium size projects through the development of design concept.
- Check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- Ability to lead a highly collaborative BIM delivery strategy.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- General understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Require understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Newforma, and recent modeling software.
- Experience with leading and implementation of Lean Tools.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as desired.
- California Registered Architect preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and licensure. Minimum of 10 years of experience, preferably on large teams with healthcare or institutional clients. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-Los Angeles
Organization : BC-2014 Buildings-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 23, 2022, 2:44:15 PM
Req ID: 2200040R
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans