Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Indianapolis, IN
Contract type: Full time
Steamer pre-cleans, washes and steam cleans heavy equipment in the wash area. Steamer is also responsible for housekeeping (5S) and properly maintaining company issued tools and equipment
- Operates machines and delivers to washing area. Returns machine to shop and yard after washing/steaming is completed
- Pre cleans machines with degreasers as needed prior to spraying and steaming a machine.
- Spray and steam machine removing dirt, grease and grime.
- Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports and properly allocating time to each job.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent.
- Work experience in an industrial or shop environment preferred.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Understands the value of 6 Sigma in the workplace and contributes when asked. Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, with friendly, courteous treatment of peers and customers.
- Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding DBSi system.
- The ability to work over time and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)