Patient Services Representative 3 Lead (MOSC 3 Lead) Cancer Center Clinics
UC Davis Health
Final Filing Date
$27.51 – $34.20
Number of Positions
Percentage of Time
Jackson Business Park II
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The incumbent is responsible for sustaining an environment of intrinsic good will for the practice while providing optimum services to patients. This position requires the skills and ability to manage the level of responsibility and accountability necessary to provide lead responsibilities for the Cancer Center Adult Clinic New Patient Referral team and call center staff. This position must serve as a lead for a large group of call center team staff, MOSC 2 and or MOSC 3 employees. This position may also perform front office duties per operational needs that may include reviewing referrals for authorization support.
Indirectly Leads: MOSC 2 or 3 or Call Center for Adult Clinic Staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills that reflect the ability to serve as the coordinator of a specified unit of workers. Must be able to represent assigned unit serving as subject matter expert and resource person for the staff.
- Ability to efficiently use computer system applications for all functions required for this position, including electronic mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and medical office management, (i.e. scheduling, template maintenance, maintenance of demographic and insurance information).
- Knowledge of practices and protocols related to medical office procedures, (i.e. medical terminology, appointments, medical records, insurance verification, cashiering, billing, etc.)
- Filing skills to maintain logs and files of information in alphabetical, chronological and/or numerical order, such that it is current and easily retrievable. Knowledge of all pertinent laws, regulations, and guidelines governing medical records; confidentiality, privacy, and provision to others, including HIPAA.
- Knowledge of health care insurance systems, which may include Medi-Cal, MediCare, HMO, PPO, fee-for-service, county funded coverage, and workers’ compensation, sufficient to properly obtain and track authorizations, appoint patients, make referrals for consults, diagnostics and ancillary services, coordinate hospital services, complete and submit billing documentation, and explain provisions and requirements to patients.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding sufficient to identify services performed; including diagnoses, procedures, and supplies.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Oncology experience
- Caner Clinic background
- New Patient referrals background
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
- The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we’re solving life’s most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don’t just maintain - we improve.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.