BUILDING SECURITY OFFICER I
State of Maryland
Date: 1 week ago
City: Baltimore, MD
Salary: $34,353 - $51,801 / year
Contract type: Full time
The Maryland Military Department is looking for a candidate for the position of Building Security Officer I! Join a dynamic team and embark on a career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, a competitive salary, and opportunities for professional growth! This position works an eight-hour evening shift with rotating days off and free parking!!!
This position is emergency essential
LOCATION OF POSITION
Fifth Regiment Armory
219 29th Division Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The main purpose of this position is to protect and safeguard persons, property and equipment stationed in around the Fifth Regiment Armory. In addition, control access by personnel and visitors to the facility and surrounding parking lots through routine patrols and inspections
Duties for this position includes but are not limited to:
- Observes and reports any incident which may result in loss or damage to property or equipment, or endanger the safety of employees, residents, and visitors.
- Guards buildings, grounds, and parking areas at an assigned State facility.
- Staff watches post and performs periodic rounds inside and outside State facilities.
- Performs key tours and building checks.
- Directs traffic and controls parking.
- Maintains logs for visitors, and other personnel.
- Raises and lowers flags.
- Enforces specified agency regulations.
Education: Ability to read and write
Experience: Six months of experience in building security work
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Master-At-Arms classifications or law enforcement specialty codes in the site security field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland with less than 5 points to operate a state vehicle.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date
We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This position is not subject to Bargaining MOU's.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS:
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification
A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD214) for Veterans’ Credit must be in this office and completely verified before Veterans’ Credit will be approved
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to: Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office 29th Division Street, Room B10 Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Katie Powell at [email protected] Fax:
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.