Part Time Robot Operator
Date: Nov 25, 2022
City: Tulsa, OK
Salary: $350 / week
Contract type: Part time
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE
- Prepare and pre-set all necessary equipment / tooling needed for coating operations & perform safety checks on all equipment / tooling before using:
- Load/unload parts onto engine lache for coating operations
- Set guards and stops to accommodate verious plunger sizes
- Load powder into Spray Hopper according to drawing specification and/or discuss any errors with supervisor to resolve problems:
- Verify setup meets acceptible quality standards regarding parameters for spray equipment
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to part and to regulate factors
- Independently operate equipment and monitor displays and operation to detect malfunctions.
- Measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Operate equipment manually to perform non-automated functions, adjust controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance processes, and when automatic programming is faulty or equipment malfunctions.
- Record and collect data and information needed for records.
- Assists in the solution of complex plant operating problems and/or cost reduction projects.
- Assists in training other employees.
- Properly clean and/or contain any spills, leaks, or overflows of hazardous materials.
- Clean equipment, tooling, and parts and perform Preventative Maintenance as assigned.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all Company Health, Safety and Environmental rules.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & COMPETANCIES
- Minimum of 2 years or more experience operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Advanced knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Advanced knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an advanced understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
- Advanced knowledge of various tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, and inserts used on various machines.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Welding Experience is strongly preferred.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Competitive Benefits (visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information about our benefits offerings)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – NOV matches every dollar up to 4% of base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest
- Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $125 per pay period (bi-weekly)
- Employees and their spouse enrolled in a medical plan can earn up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose Well-being Rewards
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician)
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time employees)
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive up to 11 paid holidays per year