Transplant Dietitian / Clinical Nutritionist 2
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Department: KIDNEY TRANSPLANT (PRE)
Local Title: Transplant Dietitian / Clinical Nutritionist 2
Budget Title: Teaching Hospital Clinical Nutritionist II
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Categories: Clinical, Patient Care
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Transplant Surgery at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Transplant Dietitian/TH Clinical Nutritionist 2.
The Clinical Dietician Specialist is an integral member of our multi-disciplinary Department of Transplant team. They are central to the planning, development, implementation, and coordination of all phases of nutritional car for inpatients and outpatients. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Nutritional assessments, modified dietary formulation, self-management training, nutritional intervention as part of a comprehensive clinical plan.
- Participation in daily inpatient rounds with appropriate documentation in the patient's electronic medical record is expected.
- Provide comfort while simultaneously education parents and families across a highly diverse patient population is essential.
- Ensuring patients satisfaction, regulatory compliance and quality care.
- Participation in quality assessment and quality improvement projects related to transplant nutrition.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university.
- Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registrations).
- New York State Licensure.
- 1+ year of work in area of specialty.
Monday to Friday; 9:00am to 5:00pm
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
An approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
Advertised: November 23, 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: November 28, 2022 Eastern Standard Time